Larry_Sweeney Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 In previous versions you could open the room labels in plan view. I'm unable to open the room label in plan view in X18. I have a case where I have "Walk-in Closet (His)" and it's on one line and I would like to make it two lines to fit better in the area. How do I "open" the label up to do this in X18? Things have changed around a little bit in X18 in this area. I'm sure I'm just not "seeing it" Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Solution JKEdmo Posted September 16 Solution Share Posted September 16 7 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said: In previous versions you could open the room labels in plan view. I'm unable to open the room label in plan view in X18. I have a case where I have "Walk-in Closet (His)" and it's on one line and I would like to make it two lines to fit better in the area. How do I "open" the label up to do this in X18? Things have changed around a little bit in X18 in this area. I'm sure I'm just not "seeing it" Larry, Select the room label and then the icon circled below: 1 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Larry_Sweeney Posted September 16 Author Share Posted September 16 Jim..................................Thank you. It's just knowing where to look. Has this been discussed or stated somewhere in the "X18 changes" or are we just supposed to find these changes on our own? I missed this one. Thanks again and have a great day. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JKEdmo Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 46 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said: Has this been discussed or stated somewhere in the "X18 changes" or are we just supposed to find these changes on our own? You're welcome Larry. The X18 room label changes have been discussed on the forum. I think the room labels were given more features, hence the UI change. One feature that was taken away was the ability to easily pull a leader from the label text. I found that pretty useful in X17 and previous. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrisb222 Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 Another thing that's changed is you can no longer select two or more room labels in order to align them using the Align/Distribute Tool, which I used to do on every plan. Room labels are also no longer snappable. And issues with the display of labels when the room type is changed, causing extra clicks. Several things changed for the good, some changed for the not good. As usual, Chief giveth and Chief taketh away. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joe_Carrick Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 I'm still using the Rich Text (library object) to place in a room. My library object has macros for as much info as I want and is formatted as per my standards. It allows the user to position as needed as well as being able to use an arrow to smaller rooms. Until Chief makes room labels rich text I will continue to use my Rich Text Library objects for room labeling. The current implementation of room labels just doesn't work for me - at least not for the final ConDocs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrisb222 Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 23 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said: I'm still using the Rich Text (library object) to place in a room. My library object has macros for as much info as I want and is formatted as per my standards. It allows the user to position as needed as well as being able to use an arrow to smaller rooms. Until Chief makes room labels rich text I will continue to use my Rich Text Library objects for room labeling. The current implementation of room labels just doesn't work for me - at least not for the final ConDocs. I agree, Joe. I also have rich text with macros that I use for final room labels. Easy to go around and plop them in. However, I only do that as part of the final assembly of the con docs. I still use factory room labels for all iterations of design, and it sucks that pretty much all of the changes to room labels makes using them for quick design iterations worse and more cumbersome, and added none of the features I can achieve with rich text. So yeah, I'm pretty salty about the changes to room labels... 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JKEdmo Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 7 hours ago, Chrisb222 said: Another thing that's changed is you can no longer select two or more room labels in order to align them using the Align/Distribute Tool, which I used to do on every plan. Room labels are also no longer snappable. And issues with the display of labels when the room type is changed, causing extra clicks. Several things changed for the good, some changed for the not good. As usual, Chief giveth and Chief taketh away. In addition, you used to be able to quickly turn off a room label by simply selecting it and hitting the delete key. This feature has gone away... Bummer. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DBCooper Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 (edited) Quote In addition, you used to be able to quickly turn off a room label by simply selecting it and hitting the delete key. This feature has gone away... Bummer. Yes but now you can customize a hot key for "display label" which means you can use it to turn labels off and then back on again without ever having to open up the dialog. And even better, the hotkey will work for any object that has a label where I think the delete key only worked with room labels. Another problem I ran into with using the delete key to hide a room label is that you also lost all of your custom changes. Edited September 17 by DBCooper 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JKEdmo Posted September 17 Share Posted September 17 52 minutes ago, DBCooper said: Yes but now you can customize a hot key for "display label" which means you can use it to turn labels off and then back on again without ever having to open up the dialog. And even better, the hotkey will work for any object that has a label where I think the delete key only worked with room labels. Another problem I ran into with using the delete key to hide a room label is that you also lost all of your custom changes. Thanks for the insight and tips! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now