Shaded Fill In Layout

RL-inc

I did a search for this but no luck-

I would like certain objects - driveway in a site plan for example- to have a bit of shading on the printed page.

Not a full blown black out or a patterned fill but just a touch of transparent grey to set of the separate area.

I can show a the shading if I toggle the color on but I do not want to print in color - just show a grayscale shading of sorts of the given area or object.

It should be simple but I can't seem to dial it in-

I just want to be able to show a lightly shaded area in a site plan for the driveway or walkway.

I can color the poly-line and show that shading in the layout view if I have the color toggled on but I do not want to print in color.

want B&W but with the same transparent shading

I believe that the only way you can have a reasonable prediction of your B&W printed result is that you will need to set your polyline fill to 100% solid black and then the % transparency. I think if you use a colour other than black the printers gray scale conversion will be unpredictable, you will likely have to reduce the %transparency to print but then your plan view will most likely appear too solid.

Graham

• Upvote 1