Vertical Radius Walls And Radius Tail End Roofs

KevinWaldron

Is there a way in Chief to do a radius in a wall  that is vertical or  a Tail End Roof with a radius?

(Normally we would do this with FormZ 8 or Rhinoceros with VisualARQ...... Draw wall then draw nurbs curve of the radius that we need on wall or roof.... extrude curve split/trim wall/roof ...and place whatever facad necessary.... Trying to hire some help and trying to deterimine if we want to teach Chief to the help.)

Blessings,

Kevin

post-955-0-06728000-1426610830_thumb.jpg

I'm talking about where you have a front facade that might be brick and you need an arc radius to the ground or a gable roof system that has an arc radius toward the cornice end maybe on a small protruding wall section.

Looking at it in simple form..... it's  as shown.....

Blessings,

Kevin

post-955-0-21530500-1426627803_thumb.jpg

post-955-0-23477500-1426627813_thumb.jpg

I'm a bit unclear on what you are trying to achieve.

You can use a curved roof which will cut the wall when it meets the roof.

Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve.

This is the best solution if I understand what he wants.  I did a vid on this somewhere.

Bottom line,  create a roof that will define top of wall,  then move top of wall up 12" in elevation and then back down 12" in elevation.  Once this is done,  the top of wall stays put irregardless if there is a roof to control the height.  Now delete the "ROOF THAT IS ONLY THERE TO DEFINE TOP OF WALL",   and since you had changed the top of wall to a taller height and then back down to where you actually want it,  the top of wall will remain where you want it even though you have now deleted the roof that controls the height of the top of wall.

Confusing?  Yes.  Is it anymore confusing than trying to figure out what your kids are thinking?  No.