Exterior wall with embedded columns

edwardatgrit

Hi All,

Im new to chief architect and i was wondering how do i create the look in the picture below where it looks to be an exterior wall soffit in front of the window that has built in columns. If you notice the front door and the window has the same look. Can any oone direct to a tutorial on where i can find this information?

Thank you

exterior rendering chief architect

16 hours ago, edwardatgrit said:

Hi All,

Im new to chief architect and i was wondering how do i create the look in the picture below where it looks to be an exterior wall soffit in front of the window that has built in columns. If you notice the front door and the window has the same look. Can any oone direct to a tutorial on where i can find this information?

Thank you

exterior rendering chief architect

The Rendering Artist might know, Jintu goes goes by the Name Chiefer Here , but no way to know if that is one of his designs or a Clients ?                            @Chiefer

I'd start with a standard wall , and use a Passageway off the Door Menu and give it an arch top and configure the Casings as needed, then do the Columns out of Solids,

as the don't interact with the walls and mess things up.

Mick.

On 7/21/2024 at 9:16 PM, tundra_dweller said:

Hi Doug, I got rid of that profile by going to floor 0 and unchecking pony walls for all the walls. @Doug_N

6 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Eh, you can watch 20 hours of advanced tutorials for $34. My conscience is clear :)

Rene.  I am a customer of yours and don't begrudge you making money for your skill and expert knowledge.  However this forum would fall apart if we all followed your example.  Maybe I'm wrong but this is the place we're we help one another. This forum is one of the reasons that so many of us use CA.  

So maybe post a comment that for $34 I'll help you and click on this link.  I just hope not every advanced user doesn't do the same.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi @edwardatgrit, there are many ways in Chief to do what you are asking. Consideration needs to be given to fact that you would like quoins and a molding trim above your columns. Then you also need an archway with molding and a keystone between them. So these elements need to be combined to achieve that result above. Then you need to make sure that they look correct in 3D views as well.

There are many free training videos provided by Chief Architect to teach you how to do these things I mentioned above as well as specific help provided here.

I encourage you to look at placing an archway in the wall first with the correct trimming as needed. There are some in the CA library. Then place the columns with quoins and molding at the top in the corners afterwards. At least that’s how I would approach the situation above.

When you are encouraged to learn how to use the program through proper training and be willing to put the time into learning then you become adept at using CA.

Have fun learning and trying.

Edited: Here is a free training video that will give you the principles needed to create the quoined columns. There is nothing wrong with getting paid help with CA and there a few providers out there.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/408/creating-stacked-columns-and-converting-them-into-symbols.html?playlist=147

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...