Macro Question

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by Renerabbitt,

I use the below image to note shear wall lengths and specs. Currently I have to go through each new length of shear wall and manually change the length to match the shear wall length. Is there a macro that will change the 4' - 0" text to match that new length? And round down to specified dim. fraction of almost always no fractions?

Thank You

MACRO 1.png

Post a plan with the symbol.  There's no way to answer your question without knowing what the symbol is.

ps: I do have symols that do it.  I also have a system that calculates the required length per braced wall line and displays the lengths provided in schedules.

Using the line 'show length' command kinda sorta works but the dim is located in spots that Chief likes but not my preference and doesn't seem to be movable/relocated.. The red arrows show the format using show line length and the blue arrows show my preferred format. Looks like some thing I could live with and save a couple steps?

MACRO 2.png

I use a dim with no line and a polyline to do somethimg similar. I do it for parking dimensions superimposed on a survey. I keep them in my template plan for easy copying and pasting. As

I change the length or width of the polyline the dim value changes with it. I havent tried it with a line, but you could just use a polyline with a fill and mke it look like a line...similar to what I show in the video

38 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Using the line 'show length' command kinda sorta works but the dim is located in spots that Chief likes but not my preference and doesn't seem to be movable/relocated.. The red arrows show the format using show line length and the blue arrows show my preferred format. Looks like some thing I could live with and save a couple steps?

MACRO 2.png

the polyline labels do have positioning edit handles. You can move them

16 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Rene, Are there editing handles on the text generated by the line 'show length' command? Don't see any.

May try using a P-Line instead. Thanks Jason

MACRO 3.png

yes, thats just a polyline label, you would need to have polyline labels turned on

THANK YOU so, so much for taking the time to explain that process. I had no idea adding a segment turned a line into a polyline and no idea there were options to label it and an object specific label option to show visible length. Must be a bit frustrating understanding those things so clearly and wondering why I'm not getting it but really had no clue and again, so much appreciate taking your valuable time to explain.

Tried it and it worked a treat.

On 7/24/2024 at 1:43 PM, Renerabbitt said:

yes, thats just a polyline label, you would need to have polyline labels turned on

just gonna point out the reason for the confusion is Humble was using the Line Style "Show Length",

image.png.e2c470b0de91b5f17a01e6fcaf1916c5.png

which doesn't create an editable label. However it uses the CAD Formatting so it's easier to change its format. To that point, @HumbleChief, to change the format change it to %visible_length.to_s("'-\"")%