Beautiful Chief Architect Rendering using an Image instead of the Backdrop X15

13 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Auto framing can slow things down (especially if a Schedule is used?)  as can Fills with huge numbers of CAD lines too.

I do not have auto framing on, and rarely use framing. I think I did use framing on this house though if I remember correctly.

10 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

just had to use zoom and shared my screen..abysmal performance..glad I dont use that anymore, haha

I checked out streamyard, but is it simple for non video conferencing people to connect on their end? Seems it needs to be done in a browser and depending on their devise, what browser is best to use. Have you run into any issues with that?

32 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

I checked out streamyard, but is it simple for non video conferencing people to connect on their end? Seems it needs to be done in a browser and depending on their devise, what browser is best to use. Have you run into any issues with that?

it doesnt have some features of zom, but easy to work with and yes just runs through a browser and they keep adding features

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

it doesnt have some features of zom, but easy to work with and yes just runs through a browser and they keep adding features

I don't use features. The client and I are talking and watching my screen and I point things out. I did get "Region to Share" - a small piece of software so you can show only a part of my screen - that is very nice. Zoom has that built in, but most do not.

Outside of that, I do not use drawing tools, etc. So it can be a very simple system. 

On 4/1/2024 at 10:02 AM, robdyck said:

All the window panes are intact...shouldn't some be broken and others very dirty?!

Just kidding of course, what you've done with that image is pretty amazing!

So, what you think of this broken glass? About 10 mins work just to see how it may look

image.thumb.png.7fcffe573984e02cde7cb72355d83ac0.png

On 4/4/2024 at 6:11 PM, SHCanada2 said:

need it on a non covered wall to see it better

Its not very nice in the window. I just wanted to figure it out. The window is insulated air to blank out the glass and the broken glass are solids turned into glass. If you put the sunlight on the floor the glass turns black and unimpressive.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:55 PM, stevenyhof said:

So, what you think of this broken glass?

Like Jason said it's a little hard to see what's going on.

The glass on the porch floor looks better than the glass

that is/is not in the window. I think it will look better if the

individual panes are broken rather than a big section of

the glass missing across multiple panes. Be sure to add

some spiderwebs and cobwebs in the corners of some 

of the panes. :ph34r:  Your textures are looking great except

that the grain is running the wrong way on the horizontal

window muntins. :rolleyes: (hate when that happens)

Keep up the good work! Really like what you are doing

by trying to get the best possible output from the tools

Chief supplies instead of just telling everyone to use

some different software programs for renderings. 

I had to go back to X6 to find this broken window I had

a play with. As I recall I set the window glass to no

material and made the broken pane from a thin 3D

solid set to the standard glass material. 

973308391_BrokenWindow-3.thumb.png.d99e9231eade38186d601ea93021a6d2.png

6 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Rich! I could make everything flawless if I wanted, but I mainly wanted to prove to myself and others that Chief has the tools to do a great job with rendering. ;)

Here is a modern home I drew and just completed the construction docs. Then I spent two hours making a rendering. Spent an hour just messing with backdrops, and lighting inside and out. One thing I am learning, and that is that with the simple method I am proposing at the start of this forum thread, a nice looking rendering can be done quit fast. But when you start to mess with photo backgrounds to attempt to make the whole image look real, the lighting and backdrop hue causes a very individualized camera experience.

493981848_2900PioneerClub.thumb.jpg.34dc55e3abfd7515904a454ec32f201c.jpg

House designed by BD/DSGN

Years old fake plants by Chief

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Amazing work, Steve.  Thanks for all the work you have into this and for sharing!

Thank you, Sir! It's been a lot of fun to learn rendering and now being able to do it within Chief.