Tile Material

NeilofOZ

Have imported a tile Image, but getting no where with use of this material.

Have seen a video many times, but it does not make it clear on info required, I can the fill the chosen area wirh the image but only as a single image, not as tiles.  

Have attached 3 pics showing location ( Entry ) and screen shots of Pattern/Texure, tiles are 600 x 600.

Robusta Light Grey, Entry.png

Robusta Light Grey, Pattern.png

Robusta Light Gray, Texture.png

I can't inspect your file but the material you specified appears to be a slab and not a tile which means you will not get a pattern with grout lines. The pattern you selected in the 'Pattern' tab does not effect 3D when you are viewing in standard mode (only Technical, Hand Drawn or Vector). Try using Substance Player to make your material:

Stone Designer https://www.stonecurators.com/stone-designer/ also works well

Find a tile material in Chief's library that shows a tile using only 1 tile for the texture. Copy that material to the User library and then replace the texture file with your own texture file. That would be a good exercise to start. The DalTile library also has plenty of materials that would serve as a good starting point for texture replacement.

9 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Have imported a tile Image, but getting no where with use of this material.

Have seen a video many times, but it does not make it clear on info required, I can the fill the chosen area wirh the image but only as a single image, not as tiles.  

Have attached 3 pics showing location ( Entry ) and screen shots of Pattern/Texure, tiles are 600 x 600.

Robusta Light Grey, Entry.png

Robusta Light Grey, Pattern.png

Robusta Light Gray, Texture.png

Hey Neil, looks like you have your "Scale" in the texture Panel set to 0mm on both the X and the Y.  Scale is the size Chief makes the material show as before it repeats on itself and setting it to 0 makes it behave as if "Stretch to Fit" was active so your single tile is being stretched to fit the surface you apply it to.

Try setting the "Scale" to be the dimensions you'd like the single tile to be and see what you get, if that's still not working let me know and we can try some more solutions.

Dustin, I know where you are coming from, but have done so many configurations its not funny any more, I can't recall having this many issues with X13.

Have attached enlarged image which which allows for 600 x 600 tile size and it appears it showing only the horzontal direction not the vertical.

The config. of this image is based on 600 x 600 tile and repeated in both pattern/texture, not too sure if this is correct, but I need to sort this out as it's the same tile 

being used throughout the House and Alfresco.

Screen Shot, Enlarged image.png

5 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

The config. of this image is based on 600 x 600 tile and repeated in both pattern/texture

No it's not. As Dustin said, you have the TEXTURE set to 0 x 0. Change it to 600 x 600 and check your results:

tile.thumb.png.5f20181086c5030061b7112b7aa12dff.png

Also, your PATTERN settings need changed. You can't get an offset design from the single square TEXTURE image you're using. So if you want the TEXTURE and PATTERN to match, you need to change the PATTERN settings to 600 x 600 with ZERO offset. Or find another image for the TEXTURE which has a 1/2 offset.

Chris, I have tried many configs, but hadn't done the Zero Pattern, there is no Zero pattern, only No Pattern, tried this and nothing has changed, final image still 

the same as my last Pic.

Just a thought, I have the tile positioned on top of a slab I created, thinking I needed to have a base to add tiling to, would this make any difference??

Gentlemen, heard nothing for a while but still no answers to my initial question, I have:-

1.Followed Chris's comments regarding the tile size and Zero Pattern.

2.Followed Rob's comment and tried his and other similar configs.

3.Followed Dustin's comment and nothing changed.

4.Downloaded Substance Player as per Eric's suggestion, downloaded main program, couldn't add The Tile Builder as it kept coming up as can't recognize, gave up after about a dozen tries, 

In every case it appears that the selected Texure fills the slab area without any joints, this just expands the texure to the slab and gives a distorted image totally to the original

material, surely this issue can't be that complex??

REGARDS, Neil     

Try and zip or compress the plan  or put it on dropbox,  google drive or one drive and send them a link, another option is add the material to library from plan materials then export it to your desktop upload it to the forum  or send to chief support

6 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Gentlemen, heard nothing for a while but still no answers to my initial question, I have:-

1.Followed Chris's comments regarding the tile size and Zero Pattern.

2.Followed Rob's comment and tried his and other similar configs.

3.Followed Dustin's comment and nothing changed.

4.Downloaded Substance Player as per Eric's suggestion, downloaded main program, couldn't add The Tile Builder as it kept coming up as can't recognize, gave up after about a dozen tries, 

In every case it appears that the selected Texure fills the slab area without any joints, this just expands the texure to the slab and gives a distorted image totally to the original

material, surely this issue can't be that complex??

REGARDS, Neil     

Neil:

As you are having trouble adding Tile Builder, give this site a try https://www.stonecurators.com/stone-designer/  (it was buried at the bottom of my earlier post so perhaps you missed it). It's easy to use (nothing to download), provides plenty of options and produces impressive results.

Eric

Mark, a beautiful sight to my eyes, was this done via Substance Player, worked like a treat, if only I could do likewise with the Face Bricks, but it appears the original image wasn't suitable.

28 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

Mark, a beautiful sight to my eyes, was this done via Substance Player, worked like a treat, if only I could do likewise with the Face Bricks, but it appears the original image wasn't suitable.

Not substance  i did it with a program called genetica as substance could not fix the bad lighting, Genetica has slider to try and equalize the lighting

• Like 1