How do I show a sloped terrain in a side clip elevation view?

cbucks

38 minutes ago, cbucks said:

Sorry new b question how do I show a sloped terrain in a side clip elevation view?

Use a CrossSection/Elevation camera and make sure the Terrain Permiter layer is turned on.

I leave terrain off in the layerset, and CAD for the terrain, the polyline (all white lines) has a transparent solid fill with light gray color, the top line of the p'line has a CAD line overlay at a line weight that makes sense.  You can get fancy and do a 45 deg. line fill in that p'line to give the foundation a dashed line look, but I was lazy on this one.

The reason I turn off the terrain (different from what Eric suggests above) is that often there is too much going on and one gets multiple lines.  This simple approach works for me.

848096595_Screenshot2024-01-20135621.thumb.png.f77f2533c43fe3c5dd83a8743d695647.png

• Upvote 1

i try and make it work first by putting a terrain region at the front (all the way across the terrain(actually beyond the terrain on both sides), and then one at back ( 6 ft lower), all the way across the property. If the drop like Gene has is the only thing you need, then it works. Where it doesn't work is where corners of the property are different elevations, or if you have wing walls with a lower elevation region between them, or different elevation points(as opposed to just two regions)

CA has a good video of it