Column Bases & Fdns

winterdd

Hey guys, just looking for opinions on what you do when you encounter this. When column bases overhang the stem wall that is aligned with the porch beam above do you slide it outward to catch the base? This will mess with the overall foundation dimensions and won't match the floor plan dimensions. Does this cause confusion on site? Sample below...

image.thumb.png.5907f7ebc48bb88364d1072c1fe8d0d4.pngimage.thumb.png.f52ca44204dde5dc41dd2b3e58bc3632.pngimage.thumb.png.a84f96b31d1fc79bc5480344f5da7a2e.png

Unfortunately I see this all the Time in the real world, so good you caught it now :)

Adjust the Deck Wall Width to the Column Base width ( or slightly wider ) and the Columns will sit on the deck as Chief auto centers them on the Wall.

* this will shift the Auto beam generated by the Wall too, which may not be desirable though?

M.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Unfortunately I see this all the Time in the real world, so good you caught it now :)

Me too, even at my own house. They run a P.T. 6x6 flush from the front of the porch beam down to the slab. That is fine if you do not have a base at the bottom. I am on a mono slab though.

It looks like they rectified the overhang with brick rowlock. (below)

image.thumb.png.eac6191e3265d1a5a2f5efee6ff2b3ca.png