Sill Plates not displaying??

ColePOC

Hi Everyone.     About to throw in the towel here.  Creating a new plan and even though sill plate box is checked, even though sill plate "display" is checked, no sill plate shows.     Simple cmu stem wall, build > foundation, sill plates checked, drew my little foundation box.  no sill plate.   Does anybody know why, if all boxes for displaying sill plates are active, it wouldn't show sill plates?   using x15 

I haven't built the framing because I'm still trying to build the foundation and show that there are sill plates.      New plan> Build>Floor>Build Foundation. Default foundation wall "including 11/2 sill plate.       Then I draw said foundation wall. no sill plate.   Literally have made no alterations 

You have Built the 1st Floor right? and didn't start with the Foundation like you would in the Real world correct?

* sorry I see this is only your 2nd post here , so not sure where you are at Experience wise with Chief?

It's also Helpful to have your Forum SIG. done with Version and Hardware ( see mine or Others)as it helps responders with the correct answers to some questions, there is a "how" to here :

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

M.

Kbird1

Thanks for that.   Yes I am a builder as a background, and though I've been using CA for a few years now, I've been using it for interior remodeling and design, and just recently started using it for builds and additions so I'm having to expand my knowledge of the program clearly.    Yes I was building it as i would in the real world, and didn't anticipate building floor 1 first.     But this did work.... basically working from the 1st floor down.   Appreciate the help. 

53 minutes ago, ColePOC said:

Kbird1

Thanks for that.   Yes I am a builder as a background, and though I've been using CA for a few years now, I've been using it for interior remodeling and design, and just recently started using it for builds and additions so I'm having to expand my knowledge of the program clearly.    Yes I was building it as i would in the real world, and didn't anticipate building floor 1 first.     But this did work.... basically working from the 1st floor down.   Appreciate the help. 

@ColePOC

Chief only builds the 1st floor Framing once the 1st Floor forms a Room ie all Exterior walls are Drawn and that framing only shows on the Foundation Level (0)

ie everything below 0" (Top of Subfloor) shows on the Level below.

This may help you, one of my Tipsheets ......   MHD CA Drawing Order Cheat Sheet.pdf   

*Forum Tip ...you can Tag someone using the @   and then their Forum Username with no space   eg   @ForumUsername  it should go green if done right when you hit enter.

Mick 

• Like 1