Why Does Lighting Change All Of The Sudden?

AriseDesign

Sometimes when walking through a model with a full camera, the lighting will change by itself, sometimes it occurs when I select and object, change something in the 3d View or if I go back and forth from plan to camera view - For example, I was doing a walk and "un-mulled" a door and transom in the camera view and all of the sudden the lighting changed - is this normal? I wish the lighting was consistent, I mean it should always be the same - Sometimes in looks dull, then I move something and BAM it gets bright

If you leave a room then, like in a walkthrough,  the lighting will change to that of the new room you are in.

You can start a camera view in a room and back out and the lights will stay on unless you select something.

Also, maximum of 8 lights and I think Chief uses the 8 closest to the camera so if you

move away from a light source it may go off if you have more than 8 lights on in a scene.

I see what Arise does all the time too , so Jintu's tip is to make all Walls have no "Room definition" to get even lighting ? , isn't that going to screw with a lot of other things where Room definition is needed ? guess I am missing something....

M.

I see what Arise does all the time too , so Jintu's tip is to make all Walls have no "Room definition" to get even lighting ? , isn't that going to screw with a lot of other things where Room definition is needed ? guess I am missing something....

M.

I WOULD THINK SO.

First of all I did not suggest All Walls.

Second, This is a solution for walthroughs not for Condocs. Save a second plan just for that.

Third, try it sometimes. :)

Ok got it :)    I figured as soon as I didn't have a Room Def. I wouldn't have a roof etc , so not much point doing a walkthrough , but like Perry I don't do a lot of Walkthroughs as usually they are too large a file size to email to a lot of client's.

M.