elevation line - plot line defaults

Garreth

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Hi all, I am running x14 and would like to know how to set the default line setting when sending and external elevation view to layout so that it is grey as per the pattern. I thought I had a handle on this in previous versions but have lost the setting.  Essentially I want the default setting to be grey line for pattern when sending to layout , at the moment I am having to manually go back into the layout box and mark the pattern line as grey. I assume also the lineweight can also be set.

Does anyone have a solution here and is this resolved in x15?

Thanks in advance to the problem solvers....

Screenshot 2023-03-29 152838.png

• Solution

I don't think you can setup defaults for plot lines.  You still have to change it for each view on the layout.

But you could edit the material while in your elevation view (using the "rainbow" tool) and set the pattern color and line weight.  Then when you send the view to layout, make sure "use pattern line defaults" is turned off and your layout should match your view.

• Upvote 1

There's isn't any way.  I have to do the same thing.  Please send in a request.  I've expressed my desire for that capability myself in the past but the more people who let Chief know that we need it, the better.  Currently I have to open every view I send just like you do in order to change that color. 

And yes, you can do as @DBCooper suggests, but then you don't get the darker lines you want in color views.  We really just need access to the default color for those Pattern Line Defaults.

11 hours ago, Garreth said:

Hi all, I am running x14 and would like to know how to set the default line setting when sending and external elevation view to layout so that it is grey as per the pattern. I thought I had a handle on this in previous versions but have lost the setting.

You can't right now. You're right, it used to work, but it was reduced in function. Chief Architect even said they were planning to do away with the settings altogether in this Suggestion thread I created asking for a return of the previous functionality:

Please add your support in that thread, but explain why you want it and how it affects your workflow. "+1" or "me too" does no good.

9 minutes ago, buzzsaw204 said:

i dont remmber, but it use to be that YOU CAN set that Lineweight.

not sure what version they took that away.

CA, PLEASE BRING THAT BACK!

There are still ways to set the default line weight.  Just not the default color.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.  

Every Viewport on Layout (in 2D B & W) undergoes a quick fine-tuning to make these adjustments.

If Pattern Line has a Default, then why not a "default" setting option. 

While it's not a ton of work, it would helpful to have a way to set this to a favorite. 

image.thumb.png.d3c04eee84d4e5b9327fa4421352ee02.png

• Upvote 1