3Dconnexion Spacemouse

KenL-sdd

Go to solution Solved by Smn842,

• Solution

I've not tried X15 Beta yet but there has been a long standing issue if you are trying to use custom settings for the Spacemouse with multiple versions of Chief as per my workaround post here:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MPDesign said:

I have the same problem not getting it to work in x14, it works in x15.

It looks like there is a specific version name in the cfg file now. Not sure I can copy the exe like Simon mentioned in his earlier post.

I've just installed X15 and I had the same issue as my post from 2020 with custom 3D mouse settings. Once I added the line for the latest Chief X15 executable name to the ChiefArchitect.xml config file (which already had the X13 and X14 exe names) my X13, X14 and X15 installs all now share the same custom configuration for the 3D mouse.

Even without that workaround the 3D mouse worked in all versions just not with custom settings.  Are you seeing something different with or without custom 3D mouse settings?

Yes it works on both versions, no custom settings. no work arounds.

Once I import a custom setting that was shared, it only works in x15 with the custom buttons.

The custom buttons don't work in x14, they are not available in the drop down where you set the action for the button. 

Is this a version thing?

2 hours ago, MPDesign said:

Once I import a custom setting that was shared, it only works in x15 with the custom buttons.

I've just found and downloaded that configuration.  From a quick check it's set to work with the X15 executable name so that is why it only applies to X15. 

I don't have the enterprise 3D mouse as I use 2 Stream Deck XLs for extra key type functionality so cannot test, but if you add the X14 executable name in that file as per my workaround for general 3D mouse custom settings that may fix it.

@Smn842Thank you for your input. The solution you pointed to works perfectly! I entered from x12-x15.

This also explained why I would loose all of the programming since it would reset back to the default settings.

A   B I G  THANK YOU!

I'm sure you have helped many users today and in the future.

8 hours ago, KenL-sdd said:

@Smn842Thank you for your input. The solution you pointed to works perfectly! I entered from x12-x15.

This also explained why I would loose all of the programming since it would reset back to the default settings.

A   B I G  THANK YOU!

I'm sure you have helped many users today and in the future.

Glad it worked. In addition to that original workaround post I made in 2020 I did also submit this issue to support and have just bumped that case again.

However if anyone affected could also submit this issue then we may get a better chance of it being fixed.  My day job is software so I can say with some confidence it's not a hard issue to fix but CA may not be aware how many people use the various 3Dconnexion models.

23 hours ago, Smn842 said:

I use 2 Stream Deck XLs for extra key type functionality

Wow. 

Just, wow. 

I only have one XL and one 15 button. I never thought about using two at the same time. Thanks for that comment  

1 hour ago, para-CAD said:

I only have one XL and one 15 button. I never thought about using two at the same time. Thanks for that comment  

I had one XL and it was so useful I thought I must buy a backup one in case of failure.  Then I thought well why not use it as it's only collecting dust!

I arrange mine around my standard 3Dconnexion mouse and two of the same design have worked fine for a few years since Elgato updated the software for multiple devices on one system.

Now I am pondering a third as backup but as I have run out of finger/hand reach it would really have to be just a spare :)

• Upvote 1

Is there any chance one of you experienced users could post a video of how you use this fancy 3d mouse thingy?

I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I'm uncertain about how it would work with the opposite hand as the mouse.

It would be nice to see how you use it with CA, especially with custom buttons.  I've seen Rene's video's where

he uses one, but his are very custom and a bit confusing unless you can stand near and watch the hands and the screen.