Snapping to 3D solids

Larry_Sweeney

When in plan view I have a difficult time snapping to 3D solids. I usually have to zoom way in and then I still have to be very patient trying to snap to a corner of the solid for placement. If I'm in a 3D view I can snap right to a 3D solid. Is this a X14 problem or is there a setting somewhere I can change to make it easier to snap to a 3D solid in plan view? I don't remember this being such a problem in earlier versions.

• Upvote 1

Mark...................It's when I'm trying to do a "point to point" move in plan view and yes I do have that checked. I don't have a problem with dimensions and the snapping for point to point move only seems to be an issue in plan view. In a 3D or elevation view I don't have a problem snapping to a 3D solid for a point to point move.

I experience the exact same thing.  I created a bunch of 3D solids and when using Point-to-Point move, it's as if it is trying to decide what to grab....to closest corner point or one farther away (z axis as viewed from the screen).

I also found that zooming WAY in and then trying to select a P2P move point becomes easier.

I have put up with the behavior because I thought it just is what it is.