Polyline solids not showing in Plan yet slab is....

John_Charles

Hello All

I've been playing around with some shapes and along the way I seem to have changed a display option that is causing no end of frustration to find.

In plan view, I can draw a CAD object, but as soon as I convert it to a polyline solid it disappears from my plan view yet remains visible in 3D.  I can draw a slab in plan and it shows in both, but not a polyline.  I can draw the polyline solid in 3D and it's there, but does not show in plan at all yet is selectable in plan and is showing in the active layer as checked to display.....

It's a head scratcher for me.....

Can anyone solve this?

• John_Charles changed the title to Polyline solids not showing in Plan yet slab is....
57 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

The only thing that comes to mind is if the p-solid line style is either blank or a color that matches your background.

This would make sense if you are using a different layer for the p-solids.

Thanks.... I've checked the lines etc and it's black...

here is the Cad object checked and selected.....

Screenshot 2022-09-11 23.23.24.png

Screenshot 2022-09-11 23.23.17.png

15 minutes ago, John_Charles said:
1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

The only thing that comes to mind is if the p-solid line style is either blank or a color that matches your background.

This would make sense if you are using a different layer for the p-solids.

Thanks.... I've checked the lines etc and it's black...

You can also set the line style and color independently of the layer.  I can duplicate your results that way.

13 hours ago, John_Charles said:

In plan view, I can draw a CAD object, but as soon as I convert it to a polyline solid it disappears from my plan view yet remains visible in 3D.

I've seen some strange height issues in X14 so you could Check the Objects Absolute Height if it is below 0" for example it would show on Level 0 not Level 1 as an example.... but it is more likely that on conversion it is changing layers to one not displayed.

M.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John_Charles said:

Can anyone solve this?

Just in case this is some sort of bug please verify what version you are using and what update you are on.  Not sure if your signature is up to date or not ?         "Chief Architect version X12"

Complete screen shots are sometimes more helpful than you might realize.

Hi All

I have done a workaround which suggests it's to do with a conflict between my layer settings and sets.  I've just migrated the whole model to a fresh template plan file and everything is showing.....

I'll just have to fiddle and figure out what it is later...

Thank you all for your help....