ROOM LABELS

jcldraft

Hi Jay,

It would appear that it should work - but it doesn't.  At least not that I can get it to work. 

OTOH,  I use a custom macro in a Rich Text Box.  I've attached the macro which you can import and use.  When a RTB is placed in a room, it picks up the room data.

Room Label.jpg

room_num_name.json

Note that if you need to place the RTB outside of a room you can use a leader line to connect it and get the room data.

• Like 1

Unless Chief added some hidden functionality recently that I haven't found yet, this still has to be done manually.  If you only have one room schedule that the object is reporting to though, it can be as simple as dropping a callout into the plan with %room.schedule_number% in the label and just copying and pasting that around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Aslo, Alaskan_Son, is there a macro for linking drawings to titles in layout like its done in Revit. I mean if a I move a drawing from one sheet to the next can Chief automatically update all tags involved? Hope I'm clear enough?

9 hours ago, jcldraft said:

if a I move a drawing from one sheet to the next can Chief automatically update all tags involved?

Sort of and not really. Using callouts, Chief can automatically update the bottom half of a callout with the Layout Page Label. If no Page Label has been set, the bottom half of a callout will display the Layout Page Number. The top half of the callout can link to a drawing, but it won't automatically number the drawings on a page.

For example, if you've sent a drawing to page 4 and you have the callout label set to '3', but decide to move the drawing to page 5 which already contains a drawing numbered 3, you would then have 2 drawings page 5 with the same number.

New to X14, callouts can link to various views which is helpful, however the numbering and ordering of drawings (layout boxes) must still be done manually on a page by page basis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jcldraft said:

is there a macro for linking drawings to titles in layout

Hi Jay,

Take a look at the built-in macros for "Layout Box Labels".  They may have what you want.  Note also that the name of a drawing in the Project Browser can be used as well.

The ability to link referenced names has been greatly improved in X14.

Here's a pic of what I do for "Plan Views"1688929660_LayoutBoxLabels.thumb.png.5da76741f0bff10bc7eadcee78fe035b.png

For Elevations, Sections and Details I use different settings, but you can experiment to see what works for you. 

I do have a system for automatically numbering details within a layout page based on their locations.  It's a bit complicated to set up (requires a couple of macros) but once done it works.

7 hours ago, robdyck said:

For example, if you've sent a drawing to page 4 and you have the callout label set to '3', but decide to move the drawing to page 5 which already contains a drawing numbered 3, you would then have 2 drawings page 5 with the same number.

I'm curious if Revit can actually do this either.  This set of Revit drawings I have here on my desk for a current project has the callouts out of order and missing numbers in the sequence.