How does one get color swatches to show on the toolbar

williambentley2

I believe I have seen Rene Rabbit and others put color swatches on their toolbar. Since the color palette doesn't seem to save colors between plans (even with templates), I need to keep my consistent palette of about 15 colors for construction plans, etc. How does one do it?

33 minutes ago, williambentley2 said:

I believe I have seen Rene Rabbit and others put color swatches on their toolbar. Since the color palette doesn't seem to save colors between plans (even with templates), I need to keep my consistent palette of about 15 colors for construction plans, etc. How does one do it?

Rene will know better than I, but if you're using those colors for fills, then they can be added to the library individually (maybe in their own folder...).

You can also create a CAD block of all 15 colors, add it to your library and then place it into your views and explode it for quick use.

42 minutes ago, williambentley2 said:

The color pallet is an OS tool.  As such it doesn't save the custom colors between apps.  However, it should be possible for Chief to save the custom colors (either on a per plan or global basis) and initiate them on startup  or loading.  IMO, if saved with a plan that should over-ride the global colors.

I've never bothered to submit a suggestion for this but it wouldn't be a bad idea to do so.

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Simply save your materials/fill pattern to your library and use this video as a reference.
Also please tag me if you have additional questions, I just happened to see this post by chance

This will get the job done. Thank you kindly.

6 hours ago, williambentley2 said:

Rene Rabbit and others put color swatches on their toolbar.

For those who haven't watched the videos, making custom Toolbars is pretty easy with the Place From Library Tool

in this case you would need to make materials of each color if not done already and add them to your Toolbar.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00811/customizing-toolbars.html

Mick.