Layout update issue

Gawdzira

Here is the scenario that gets me in trouble.

1. I have a layout open and plan file associated "Golden_Toilet V7a"

2. I copy Golden_Toilet V7a and name is "Golden_Toilet V7aTemp for cleaning"

3. Then I double click to open an elevation through my layout which is associated with "Golden_Toilet V7a" but it opens the recent save as version "Golden_Toilet V7aTemp for cleaning"

And now I am cleaning the wrong toilet. Heck, I didn't even want to clean the toilet, I was just trying to add a new roll of paper (actually it was a note regarding a crawl space access door but that is a different story).

This is in version x13 before the latest patch. Does this work better in x14? I will be there soon. 

Not sure about X14 yet but I think that works the way it was intended.  Normally I think chief anticipates the Save As copy to not be the backup or Archive and it would always be the active file that you intend to progress with.  It does present a bit of a naming problem if you have a master file name that you want to stick with rather than having a progressive naming system though.

I guess you are not able to post the file if you are remodeling DJT's plane for him. ;)

6 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

The big problem is this, when I click the associate plan icon and open the dbx, it shows the correct file but if I double click the layout box it goes to the wrong file "temp".

Looks like maybe you have found an inconsistent behaviour then.  If it does the same in X14 then if would be good to get it sent in.

I have seen this happen IF I don't close the Layout and and reopen it.

It seems Chief doesn't see the the Save As Plan as a new plan until after the Save As Plan and Layout are closed,

on Re-opening the Layout it will Reference the Original Plan again.

M. 

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I have seen this happen IF I don't close the Layout and and reopen it.

It seems Chief doesn't see the the Save As Plan as a new plan until after the Save As Plan and Layout are closed,

on Re-opening the Layout it will Reference the Original Plan again.

M. 

Yep,  I always try to remember to close layout and then reopened to make sure it STICKS!

I started getting lazy not closing the layout,  shortly after that  the dirty words were thrown towards CA.

Always close layout and reopen to make sure it sticks.  I do not believe that has changed in X14

• Upvote 2