Manufacturer catalogs

Luciano

From CA X10, is it possible to group in folders all the products from the same category? As an example, putting in the same folder all the various brand of quarts for counter tops. All the faucets brands together, all the cabinetry together, and so on and so on for all the other manufacture catalogs. This would make it much more easier to find product and to look a brands that are less known to us.

Maybe it is not possible in version 10, so is it possible in the newer version? 

Thank you!

You can create custom library folders in X10 and then place whatever you wish in them. You are merely creating new folders in your User Library that contain whatever you wish in them but in terms of Manufacturer Catalogs they cannot be broken up, piecemeal but you can copy some of their contents by exporting a library or portion thereof and from that create a custom library folder in your User area of the LB.

DJP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you DavidJPotter for your answer/solution. I have started to copy all the Manufacturer folders into my User Folder/Manu. Then I will regroupe all the products together by type.

Thank you also to Kbird1 for the information, it does make sense.

Thank you robdyck, I was thinking exactly that, it would be great to be able to do that while still being able to do updates when needed.

11 hours ago, Luciano said:

Thank you DavidJPotter for your answer/solution. I have started to copy all the Manufacturer folders into my User Folder/Manu. Then I will regroupe all the products together by type.

Thank you also to Kbird1 for the information, it does make sense.

Thank you robdyck, I was thinking exactly that, it would be great to be able to do that while still being able to do updates when needed.

To add to David's answer, instead of just copying and pasting manufacturer folders to your user library, you can paste shortcuts, which will keep the links to the manufacturer folders so you can keep them up to date.

image.thumb.png.35741186ab41492235d78051f1d26c15.png

I've done that with a few cabinet manufacturers. The icon beside the library item has an arrow in it when it's a shortcut.

image.thumb.png.b50f0f3ff70eb18cfcbf1afde528abe6.png

• Like 1