Can I modify a cylinder/pedestal shape?

contearchitect

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I've spent way too long trying to find a way to modify a cylinder or pedestal shape. It seems only the base and height are adjustable, and the top radius is just along for the ride. How do I get the dimensions I want for this shape?  I looked at the article on bell-shaped footings, which is a little complicated and not exactly what I want.

Thanks.

Lamp.png

Yes it would be great if we could created a truncated Cone like the feature that Pyramids have but that is not and available option.

You will need to create a cone with the right base and slope then cut the top off with boolean operations.  Then if you will use this in other plans you can make a symbol out of it a put it in your library so you don't have to spend time recreating it.

If your goal is a shape like this just combine a Cone and Cylinder and don't worry about trimming the cone.

image.thumb.png.1fd268e55b359d196b3010371461f432.png

If your shade is suppose to look like a lamp shade, use a 2nd cone with slightly smaller dimensions, combine them (same center axis) and then do a subtraction of the smaller diameter cone from your larger diameter flat topped cone.