Blurry Square when exporting PDF from layout

ROAMdesignstudio

Go to solution Solved by ROAMdesignstudio,

Good afternoon everyone! 

Has anyone experienced a random square that is on the PDF (its not from the plans its directly on the sheet itself in the entire set) that is a blurry area?  When the PDF is exported it prints that way as well on paper.  When the page is exported as single sheets it does not do it - only when you print the whole set?  Any suggestions would be great!  

Chief Architect x12

image.thumb.png.54db94041b0ac09f5e3281ea402396f5.pngimage.thumb.png.700bc123a839c18cadf5b62a4f3e1444.png

I can think of several possible culprits.  No telling for sure without looking at the plan and layout files.  I would suggest that you either post those things here or send it into tech support.  One thing that jumps out at me immediately upon looking at this is that NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION watermark. How did you get that onto the page?  Also, what happens if you view or print that using a different PDF reader?

• Solution

Thank you all for responding! I found the culprit. It was because the chief architect print to pdf was set to too high of a DPI (usually print on the highest for best quality) but when I dropped it down to below 300 it printed perfect for all sheets. I’m imagining the set (20 pages) was too big with too much DPI so it had an issue exporting!  

the watermark was not an issue but a good call. Thank you! 

11 minutes ago, Savant said:

when I dropped it down to below 300 it printed perfect for all sheets.

I have had tech support tell me to do this as well but ironically the program gives a low DPI value warning if you try to print below 300. ;)