SOLVED- Is X12 still available for download? (The answer is NO!)

PIR-Designs

Does anyone know if X12 is still available for download?  I have X11 and X13. But I wanted to get X12 (I do NOT like X13). 

If I don't see it in my digital locker, does that mean it's no longer available to download? 

Thank you

Lauren

Edited by MilitaryTVgirl
Have the answer.

• PIR-Designs changed the title to SOLVED- Is X12 still available for download? (The answer is NO!)
1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes once you click "DOWNLOAD" it should show as available if you own it.

Right, but I never put it in my digital locker when it was available. I went from X11 to X13 (which I do NOT like). So in another forum, many people were saying that X12 didn't require as much from your computer for Raytrace and that the renderings are MUCH crisper. I'm about to do a commercial rendering job and wanted to go ahead and download X12. but I found out that if you never put it in your digital locker when it was available, then you can't go back and download it. ONLY versions of what's in your digital locker can be downloaded. So I'm pretty much screwed unless I can suddenly go out and purchase another video card and install it. And you need a PHD for that, haha! Thanks for answering. 

2 minutes ago, MilitaryTVgirl said:

Right, but I never put it in my digital locker when it was available. I went from X11 to X13 (which I do NOT like). So in another forum, many people were saying that X12 didn't require as much from your computer for Raytrace and that the renderings are MUCH crisper. I'm about to do a commercial rendering job and wanted to go ahead and download X12. but I found out that if you never put it in your digital locker when it was available, then you can't go back and download it. ONLY versions of what's in your digital locker can be downloaded. So I'm pretty much screwed unless I can suddenly go out and purchase another video card and install it. And you need a PHD for that, haha! Thanks for answering. 

Ok now I understand. Technically Chief loads the digital locker but if you never owned X12 it likely will not be there.

I would give Sales a quick call and offer them a trade in.  I think they should be able to work something out with you.

Just now, solver said:

You don't put things in your Digital Locker, Chief does that automatically. If SSA was current when X12 was released, it would be available.

My SSA has always been current since 2019. So, then I guess Chief never put it in my digital locker.  

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Ok now I understand. Technically Chief loads the digital locker but if you never owned X12 it likely will not be there.

I would give Sales a quick call and offer them a trade in.  I think they should be able to work something out with you.

I did call. They won't. I've always been current on my SSA. So, I don't understand why it hasn't ever been in the digital locker. Very strange. At any rate, I was told on the phone just now that if it's not in my digital locker that it can't be downloaded from anywhere else, nor can I purchase a thumb drive with it on there. I'll just have to use X11 for my current client. The bad thing is, that a bunch of new catalog items I needed can only be used with X12 or X13. Thank you anyway. 

5 minutes ago, solver said:

Like Chop and Joe suggested, best to call or email sales. They are good at helping.

Except when I spoke with the lady in sales on the phone a few minutes ago, she said that there is no way I can download it or even purchase a thumb drive with it on there. So I'm SOL. 

Thank you for responding. 

6 minutes ago, MilitaryTVgirl said:

So I'm SOL. 

Not if everything you have said is true and can be verified.

14 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Please call our tech support department and speak with someone about the specific problems you are having.  They should be able to help you either solve the issues you are having in X13 or get you a version of X12 to use.

17 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

If you have always been on SSA try checking Show Upgraded Product Key?

Actually you need to select "DOWNLOAD" as I stated before since X10 - X13 are now using the same Product Key.  Then you can choose the individual version to download if it is listed.

image.thumb.png.c9cf59a80dcc5af79947f47ec74c63d1.png

58 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not if everything you have said is true and can be verified.

Just to let you know, I DID find all three receipts from the original CA purchase all the way to Feb 2022. I just spoke with Tech Support and he has solved my problem. Thank you for your responses. 

• Like 1