Back clip elevation

Alchemyjim

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has issues with this. 

I almost never use the regular elevation camera for the elevations. There are usually things in the background that do not need to be shown. This is especially necessary when the terrain slopes up beyond the building. Also certain interior cross sections do not need to show the walls beyond. Y'all are know what I'm talking about.

Anyway. I love the ability to do this but I dislike that the view line that is generated by the view is able to be selected when in plan view. When you have several elevations along the X and Y axis it creates a minefield of selectable lines. I know we can just lock that camera layer but when you need to open the elevation you either need to unlock it or go to another plan view. It is a minor thing but I would appreciate it if the cross sections cameras are only selectable like the regular elevations. I can't think of a reason why they would be different. 

I appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks

54 minutes ago, Alchemyjim said:

I can't think of a reason why they would be different. 

Not at my computer but I'm pretty sure it's so the depth of the back clip view can be adjusted visually in plan view.

55 minutes ago, Alchemyjim said:

go to another plan view

If you really need that many back clipped elevation cameras in your plan, then yeah setting up an "elevation cameras" plan view would seem the simplest solution.

1 hour ago, Alchemyjim said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has issues with this. 

I almost never use the regular elevation camera for the elevations. There are usually things in the background that do not need to be shown. This is especially necessary when the terrain slopes up beyond the building. Also certain interior cross sections do not need to show the walls beyond. Y'all are know what I'm talking about.

Anyway. I love the ability to do this but I dislike that the view line that is generated by the view is able to be selected when in plan view. When you have several elevations along the X and Y axis it creates a minefield of selectable lines. I know we can just lock that camera layer but when you need to open the elevation you either need to unlock it or go to another plan view. It is a minor thing but I would appreciate it if the cross sections cameras are only selectable like the regular elevations. I can't think of a reason why they would be different. 

I appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks

Lock the layer and get used to working with your project browser open and being used to open views.