Bipass Barn Door

MTL-Homes

I'd start by making one, then convert the door & hardware to a symbol. Place this symbol in your plan and make a copy for the 2nd door. Use a Doorway for the actual opening.

Do you know how to make a symbol of the door & hardware?

13 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

'Cuz that's what it is.  Two doors, two tracks, stacked.

Not always true - there are both single- and double-track systems. I believe the OP's picture shows a single-track system with offset hangers for the outboard leaf. If absolute accuracy is required in the model, this should be taken into account.

I do see this as a need for a suggestion for a double stacked unit.  It is available in sliders to choose which side you want the two panels and the system can already add a second door for the barn door type...  Maybe a quick programming add???

• Like 1

You are correct, but without the right symbols for such an arrangement, we just have to do one door and stack a symbol.  If the client wants to get it built, is it really really necessary that the 3D view show the detail seen in the attached pic?

In another thread that focuses on cabinet doors, do we want our 3D (or rather do our clients want this photorealistic detail) to show those little cabinet door bumpers when the doors are open?  Knob screwheads on the inside face of drawerboxes?  

2021-08-13 09_17_19-Amazon.com_ ZEKOO Bypass Sliding Barn Door Hardware Kit, Single Track, Double Wo.png

9 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

is it really really necessary that the 3D view show the detail seen in the attached pic?

I agree, 99.9% of the time it isn't necessary, but some clients can obsess on the smallest details. On occasion I've had to go to great lengths to model a condition so it displays absolutely correct. As long as the effort is billable... 

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately these go on closets where I had normal bypass doors. No room for the rails to extend past the opening more than a few inches. Will probably have top draw something. As popular as these seem to be getting I was surprised I didn't find one already drawn on Sketchup. Once the client sees it on DIY I'm doomed.