Railing Connections

Chopsaw

14 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Its a stair to rail transition so the problem is your post symbol(the flange, namely)

You would think that if that was the issue it could be corrected by reducing the size of the bounding box for the newel post but unfortunately No.

3 minutes ago, solver said:

How were the steps drawn -- from the deck down?   The top riser does not match the others.

Yes nice catch but how does the affect the railing ?   Railing is manual to sit on the first tread.

Just now, joey_martin said:

My guess is the railing is butting against the railing wall, or invisible wall, or what ever you are using to designate that room.

It seems that may be what is going on.  I was just hoping not to have a basket full of workarounds for such a simple project.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, joey_martin said:

My guess is the railing is butting against the railing wall, or invisible wall, or what ever you are using to designate that room.

There in lies one of the most glaring and basic problems with the way Chief draws or demarcates a deck or porch perimeter/edge (which should be a Single Line entity that does not effect Railing or Ceiling demarcations). Same for Roofs & their Soffits. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, Chopsaw said:

It seems that may be what is going on.  I was just hoping not to have a basket full of workarounds for such a simple project.

You need my special wall type the "Deck Defeater"! You can use it to define the deck perimeter, then set the deck's actual railing to "No Room Definition". Caution though, having those 2 walls in the same place can come with extra hassles!

image.thumb.png.36a260e0da8cb2d3fae47faa7dc1ebd4.pngimage.thumb.png.5b89af78535851fd7c3fb8af28924e58.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

You need my special wall type the "Deck Defeater"! You can use it to define the deck perimeter, then set the deck's actual railing to "No Room Definition". Caution though, having those 2 walls in the same place can come with extra hassles!

image.thumb.png.36a260e0da8cb2d3fae47faa7dc1ebd4.pngimage.thumb.png.5b89af78535851fd7c3fb8af28924e58.png

Once again, the saga continues and begs that Chief focus on such things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, robdyck said:

Thanks Rob,  I have played that game before and many others.  I was just hoping that I would not need to with X13.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Thanks Rob,  I have played that game before and many others.  I was just hoping that I would not need to with X13.

I hear ya. I can tell by your example that you also want your aluminum railing on stairs to look somewhat realistic! I wish they'd give us stairs, railings etc, that are can be exploded (sort of) ...allow us to edit the parts, but with a reset button, or something like that.

7 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I hear ya. I can tell by your example that you also want your aluminum railing on stairs to look somewhat realistic! I wish they'd give us stairs, railings etc, that are can be exploded (sort of) ...allow us to edit the parts, but with a reset button, or something like that

If I had time I would actually draw the Regal hardware and use that gap to put it in but it all takes time I don't have right now.  But it would be cool if you had the option to choose a connection type and chief would just do it to factory specifications.