Window labels disappear (X12)

GeneDavis

Something is kinky with a plan.  Window labels are on for the auto-generated exterior elevation views.  One window in a group of three, nothing is mulled, the rightmost, displays its label in zooms closer than where the elevation camera needs to be, but the label goes off when zooming out.  The layout is done using plot lines.

Open the elevation view in the plan file, and no labels on these.  Zoom in and they appear.  In both cases it is the rightmost window.

This is the case for one window on the front elevation, and one on the rear.  Plan views show the labels correctly, and the window schedule gives the correct counts.

I have attached a closeup of the layout images, for both cases.

2021-06-11 14_13_52-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

2021-06-11 14_14_15-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

Pretty sure that is the issue to some degree or another because you can see you moved them as the other two do not align. Make sure you hit the default wrench to reset them.

but if that doesn’t fix it upload the plan.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have an issue when sending my elevations to Layout. I have the window and door labels layer turned on in my Layer Set. The window and door labels appear in my plan view, but once I send them to Layout, the window and door labels aren't there. I created a new Layer set for my building elevations which I am using in the layout boxes. If I used the default "Section View Layer Set" that ChiefArch uses when you create auto elevations, then the window labels do appear in Layout. I copied this Layer Set to create the new layer set which I titled "Elevation View Layer set." What could be causing this discrepancy between the plan and Layout Box views? See images attached.

Window Labels in Plan View.jpg

No window Layers in Layout.jpg

possibilities I can think of:

1. when you switched to the new layer set, the save plan view was not actually saved. (click on the save button for the saved plan view)

2. in the layout box properties for the elevation layout box, it is not using the saved plan view which has the desired layer set. if you go in there, you can re-link

The above assumes you are using saved plan views (SPVs) for your work flow and layouts