Menu Bug Issue --- a different one

Kbird1

Hi,

I finally have a new computer worthy of X13, hopefully it won't have this Issue, which I have never seen before or heard of here, and is not happening on my old computer, but when I click on a Menu on the menubar or one of the dropdown Icons the dropdown show 4 inches (?) to the left or right of the item clicked on....making Chief nearly unusable as sometimes the dropdown is on my 2nd screen even.....

Running a repair install of Chief did not help........ nor has multiple reboots of the computer.....

Any ideas please throw them out here , thanks.

Mick.

The Other (unrelated Toolbar) Menu Issue   ( *** I may need to retract this statement after further investigation .....see lower down....)

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/29164-menu-bug/?tab=comments#comment-232387

M.

Capture11.thumb.PNG.3e09e4aaa75dd7c56000b18de42dc78c.PNGCapture12.thumb.PNG.01d112ee3b8b0df3d200b0a24617b399.PNG

Hey Chop..... thanks...been a busy month or so since I moved....

No luck so far on Reset , but didn't do Toolbars as they have been custom for a long time and I don't want to start again..... unless I really have too.

Have tried 3 different Nvidia drivers including latest, all work fine except for this one issue and it isn't happening with other programs.....

Will try a full re-install tomorrow probably...if I have time, may have to finish this job on the old system.

Just now, Chopsaw said:

Maybe run chief for a bit on one screen until all the dropdowns are reset or maybe you will find that the menus try to open on the screen that is shut down and you will not see them at all like me.B)

Good thought ..........I will shut my other monitors off and see if it forces some kind of "reset" in Chief.

thanks

M.

Reset everything except toolbars and turned off the side monitors and Chief was okay again ......

Until......I put my Active Layer DBX back on the second screen and bam menu issue came back , so apparently me thinking

this is not related to the other Menu Bug which seems to effect Toolbars only was wrong....

Only for me it means X12 is unusable on this computer currently.....

M

It seems it is Side Window related...... if I double click the ALDO or PB so they rejoin the main window in the default position , the issue goes away again........

Opening a Schedule and putting/pulling it on to the LH screen for eg. ( I wish it would not go full screen Auto)

does not make this happen...at least not yet ....

It's like the Side Windows are now causing Chief to think it is wider than it really is....... but I have no idea why it happens on this computer and not the old one....same monitors and cables , same version of windows 10 too I think ... video cards as diff. ( see Sig.) a GTX 1070Ti vs a newer RTX 3080 Card.

M.

Maybe the scaling in display settings works different on the new machine and video card than your older machines? Just guessing. I know if I mess with the scaling on my machine all of my text in the plan goes crazy. Changing from 150 to 175 will goof up all of my text. Maybe the 3080 just works a little different. Hope you figure this out.

I don't normally keep the side windows off by themselves (I like to keep all 3 stacked.) Just tested with the 3070 and don't get what you are getting.

Wonder if it's a quirky Win setting or a Chief one?

Or cables? My two main monitors are DP and 3rd is a USB (DisplayLInk not port) .

At one point I had one as HDMI, one DP, 3rd as now and had some unusual things. I could make the HDMI monitor as Primary but when identified it always showed as #2 which confused a setting in Ultramon, (throwin spaghetti at the wall here)?

11 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Maybe the scaling in display settings works different on the new machine and video card than your older machines? Just guessing. I know if I mess with the scaling on my machine all of my text in the plan goes crazy. Changing from 150 to 175 will goof up all of my text. Maybe the 3080 just works a little different. Hope you figure this out.

I am using DP cables on all 3 monitors same as on the old computer, which I have now hooked up, to the same monitors, via the monitors hdmi ports instead and I don't see the issue there. Both computers are using  Win10 125% scale on my 32" Benq monitors, that has changed old to new either.

I only get the test issue with other's plans I open but then again I don't play with scaling on my own setup as that totally messes with the Desktop Icon layout...and I have many --- I'm old school that way :)

5 hours ago, MarkMc said:

I don't normally keep the side windows off by themselves (I like to keep all 3 stacked.) Just tested with the 3070 and don't get what you are getting.

Wonder if it's a quirky Win setting or a Chief one?

Or cables? My two main monitors are DP and 3rd is a USB (DisplayLInk not port) .

At one point I had one as HDMI, one DP, 3rd as now and had some unusual things. I could make the HDMI monitor as Primary but when identified it always showed as #2 which confused a setting in Ultramon, (throwin spaghetti at the wall here)?

I reinstalled Win10 this week ( lots of weirdness from Store install so did a Clean re-install) but have done some "tweaking" as normal, so it's possible, I have accidently done something, but I use the same settings on the old computer too.

Their was a Windows Update on Tues. ( the usual 2nd tues. of every month they do) which seems to have messed with the Wireless mouse, so I have gone back to my Wired mouse for now, but I hadn't gotten Chief installed at that point , so can't say if that update had anything to do with it too.

M.

FWIW, the recent Windows Updates - past 4-6 weeks - have caused problems with some printer drivers & possibly other things.  I've had to uninstall those updates in order to avoid program crashes when attempting to print from any application to certain network printers.

I was told that it would be fixed in the next update but that was 4 updates ago and it isn't fixed yet.

I would guess that M's problem is a setting in the NVidea Control Panel that isn't quite right - maybe a resolution setting ???

Well I tried a few things that did not help, so I decided to try a Driver from before the 460 series,

the same driver as my old computer is using and have found Nvidia Driver 457.51 ( links below)

has thankfully worked for me.

image.thumb.png.f7d50329859183d5deaa40ca9763c387.png

Link to DCH GR Driver

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167108/en-us

Link to Standard GR Driver

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167106/en-us

Nvidia's Advanced Driver Download Page ...personally I do not use Geforce Experience.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Mick.