dbr2021

File sharing

Is there a firm that has more than one designer that is able to work on the same project and how do you go about sharing the file and making changes?

You can not have two people working on the same plan at the same Time.....Chief locks the File while in use , to prevent file corruption for just this reason.

M.

• Upvote 1

You can place the file on a cloud server for sharing with others but as Mick said, NO ONE can work on the same plan file at the same time.

DJP

my partner and I lived in different states

so we emailed the plan back and forth to keep conflicts down we added date and time to the file name

we also added LBX12 or JKX12 to the file name so we knew who last worked on the file - the ver id

was for times when we would need to work on a prior project to remind us which version it was done in

Lew

I keep the plan and layout files names the same throughout the project.  I place them in FOLDERS with the name containing the date completed.  This allows you to avoid having to set up the links every time you change the plan file name.  It will also help if you keep your materials limited to the ones provided by chief out of the box.  Custom materials would mean another step in the process of saving the layout.