Jambruins

Weird lines by dormer

Can anyone tell me what the weird lines are by the dormer in the attached picture?  How do I remove them?

If I delete the auto dormer they disappear.

weird lines by dormer.jpg

Probably need to include your plan file on this one.  Make sure to zip it and close the program before you upload.

Posted (edited)

I am not quite sure what is causing it but they are artifacts of the side walls of the auto dormers.  You will likely need to explode the dormers and work with the walls manually to eliminate that problem.  When I opened the file the vertical artifacts were present but not the two angled pieces that appear to be joining them.

Also two ceiling surface artifacts behind the main ridge that will clear up when you combine the two main roof planes on the rear and then join them to the upper edge of the dormer roof plane.

Edited by Chopsaw
See Below for better answers.

Doug I think Steve found the key issue.  The manual ceiling planes were causing all of the noted artifacts above the roof line.

Try selecting both of the roof planes in plan view and hit the "Polyline Union" tool to combine them. :o

9 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Doug I think Steve found the key issue.  The manual ceiling planes were causing all of the noted artifacts above the roof line.

Try selecting both of the roof planes in plan view and hit the "Polyline Union" tool to combine them. :o

Ok I will have a look at that as well. Thanks Michael.

Nothing much to add, just a different look.

Nice touches Eric!