Remodel Material Lists

BWoods

I am using CA Premier X12 on Windows 10. 

I am looking to create a material list that only gives me materials for the new stuff in my remodel. My existing plan and proposed plan are separate plan files. I watched a couple of the tutorials on materials lists but they were on material lists for an addition rather than a remodel. Is there a video I might've missed somewhere, or is what I want to do just not possible? 

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks.

1 hour ago, BWoods said:

I am looking to create a material list that only gives me materials for the new stuff in my remodel. My existing plan and proposed plan are separate plan files. I watched a couple of the tutorials on materials lists but they were on material lists for an addition rather than a remodel. Is there a video I might've missed somewhere, or is what I want to do just not possible? 

Thanks.

Created a method for this that is slightly convulated but overall very accurate.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:27 AM, BWoods said:

Thanks.

I could spend hours going over all the various intricacies and I have neither the time or inclination to do so; however you can totally accomplish what you're after with the various tools Chief has given us.  Just to name a few things to get you started (some of which have already been mentioned):

• Using Layers, Layer Sets, and Layer settings to limit what is reported.  Specifically, checking or unchecking Material List for any given layer tells Chief whether to include items on that layer in the Materials List or not.
  • Using the Components tab.  This tab controls exactly what any given item is going to report to the Materials List. Use the Add/Remove Line Item tools and adjust the Formula field for any given row to set exactly what you want reported.
  • Using one or more Materials List Polylines.  This can further isolate what exactly gets reported and from where. 

Take a look at your layers, focusing on all the layers that itemize objects: walls, roof planes, footings, framing, cabinets, fixtures, all those objects that can be counted and included in a material list.

Example: windows.  Copy that layer and rename it Windows - asbuilt.  Turn off the M for this layer.

Now do this for everything.  And then, reassign everything in your model that is asbuilt to these layers.

• Like 1

Oops, I thought I replied to this yesterday, sorry. 

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Spent a few hours last night duplicating all relevant layers to have new and existing for each and then spent some time making a test remodel design. It's gonna take some tweaking to get exactly what i want reporting to the material list, but the results are what I was looking for.