Vertical Spiral Duct

BelfastCNC

I am trying to insert a vertical piece of Spiral duct to go from floor to floor. i figured out how to do it using a 3dmolding line, adding the duct as a molding, then rotating 90 degrees to the x,y axis.

duct shows in a 3d/camera view but it does not show in the plan view. if you drag select the area it is in it shows up as a square selection but you can not work with it such as adding fittings since it disappears as soon as you click on anything else.

Is there a better way to create a vertical spiral duct, or a way to make it visible in plan view

While it works it takes a long time to get things aligned. there has to be a better way.

wat i need 3D view.jpg

What i see in plan view.jpg

19 hours ago, rgardner said:

Didn’t you ask this the other day in another post?  Or am I misunderstanding your question?  I believe Erick @solver answered that you can use the ducting in the library and simply rotate the symbol...  

yes but once you rotate it to be perpendicular to x,y plane then it no longer shows in plan view. also the orientation of the fitting is wrong in plan view

12 minutes ago, BelfastCNC said:

yes but once you rotate it to be perpendicular to x,y plane then it no longer shows in plan view. also the orientation of the fitting is wrong in plan view

You need to save it to your user library and open the 2d symbol and make sure the 2d symbol recreate button is checked that will recreate the symbol in the 2d.  I would recommend while you are at it have one vertical and one horizontal copy in your user library as well as any fittings you need to rotate.

If you're using the Spiral Ducting Bonus Catalog, my advice is this:

• Activate either the Molding Line tool or the 3D Molding Line tool before clicking on the "Spiral Duct" molding object in the library.  This will both ensure that the molding is being applied to your molding line as you draw it but also that you're drawing a manageable line rather than a closed polyline.
  • Once you draw the length you need, simply click Convert Selected To Symbol.  You'll have to reposition the symbol, but this way you get the plan view you want, it's a lot more stable, and you can more more easily align with your fittings.  

Now if only Chief would allow us to Convert To Symbol In Place!!!!

• Like 1