Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 1.21.37 PM.png

1 hour ago, sascea said:

Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!

Assuming you are using premier it is in the settings for story-pole dimensions.  You can set how many decimal points it lista to or change to fractions instead.

That is controlled by way of "Edit - Default Settings - Dimensions - Primary Format".

DJP

2 hours ago, sascea said:

Thank you in advance!!

At this time you cannot suppress that dimension. I cover them with white CAD boxes now, which sucks.

I made a suggestion some time ago that we have that ability, among other enhancements.

Check it out, add your voice to the request:

• Like 1

Thank you so much Ryan, David, and Chris for your replies. I have updated my signature to show that I am using CA Premier X12 - Chris, I have added my comment to your petition.

You can do it if you are happy to use one of the other 3 marker types (Test Boring, Point Marker, Framing Reference) that only allow 1 line of text.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.51.59 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.56.08 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.57.52 am.png

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DwightDJ
    Newest Member
    DwightDJ

• By ericepv
      Rochester, NY based rendering company available for remote work. I am a long time Chief user (currently on X-12 but equipped with earlier versions also) and have worked for many commercial and residential clients across the country. You can view samples of my work on my website https://epvisualz.com .

Please contact me directly at 585-441-5291 or by email: eric@epvisualz.com .

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By steve_mcdowell
      Looking for design partner for upcoming projects. My previous designer used Chief and he is too busy to take on additional work. Ideally looking for someone who may have building experience in addition to being a designer. Looking for someone who can deliver preliminary floor plans and elevations to facilitate proof of concept, someone who can design to specific standards for ARC review and submission standards. The designer will need to understand page naming conventions and all related requirements for the city of Bend Oregon for streamlined permit submission. Structural drafting and coordination with structural engineers.

See attached files as example of the type of drawings needed
      A0.01 COVER SHEET.pdf
      A0.02 PLAN NOTES.pdf
      A1.01 SITE PLAN.pdf
      A1.02 MAIN FLOOR PLAN.pdf
      A1.03 LOWER FLOOR PLAN.pdf
      A1.04 FOUNDATION AND LOWER FLOOR FRAMING.pdf
      A1.05 LOWER ROOF AND UPPER FLOOR FRAMING.pdf
      A1.06 UPPER ROOF FRAMING.pdf
      A2.01 EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS.pdf
      A2.02 EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS.pdf
      A3.01 BUILDING SECTIONS.pdf
    • By Designer100
      I have issues at the rear of the building with slope up to rear carport. Can anyone assist in having a slow slope up to carport on each end? the exist. carport concrete is around 42" above grade. same as existing bldg

I would appreciate help. 

Newell Cheatheam
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 
      CA x12 
      Moheb Building New.zip

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?