Slanted Gravity Masonry Retaining Wall

benchiko1

I want to design a gravity masonry retaining wall. I've checked the catalog and there are no features to enable me accomplish that. I've attached a picture of the wall I want to design.

PC

Chief Architect Premier X12

images.jpg

Had an idea reading this thread , I used CS idea and made a 8x8 PL Solid , then Stacked them using multicopy pulling them over a bit while dragging up, ( 3" over 8ft )

then converted that Stack of P-Solids to a Millwork Symbol set as a Panel, and then applied Panel to a Fence with no posts or rails..... seems to work okay

image.thumb.png.66539fb1ff9da2f725d352ada1ab2283.pngimage.thumb.png.5a935b2508fb61e1378b19fe40c8dc05.png 

And here's the Plan so you can  " Break it "   I mean have a play yourself......

Slanted Retain Wall.plan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

seems to work okay

Yup.  Just depends on how accurately you need to be.  You could even offset the material by 8" on every other row and make sure the millwork symbol is the same length as your space between newels setting so that it does not compress the material.  You could even do individual blocks if necessary to show a stepped top level or at least individual rows like your symbol mock-up.

Nice work Mick !