Wall Alignment

Doug_N

Looks to me like the OOB main layers (studs) are lining up, so I think you'll need to change the location of the main layer in your upper wall definition to whatever other material in the upper wall should line up with the main layer on your lower wall.

If you change your general wall defaults, you can manually move the walls into place and have them snap to the reference walls below. The 'Align with wall below' tool still won't work like you want though. Not quite automatic like you requested, but it'll be accurate.

1111802420_GeneralWallDefaults.thumb.png.04a278f5714b8258eef64e8034beb4f2.png

5 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

You're right, it is better but still not aligned.   The wall still requires manual adjustment to get the outer wall surface to match.

Try posting a pic of the wall definitions for each wall.

19 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

You're right, it is better but still not aligned.   The wall still requires manual adjustment to get the outer wall surface to match.

Doug, didn't realize you included your plan file until just now.
Anyway, I should've realized this before but you'll also need to move the OSB into the Main Layer on your lower wall... then they'll line up on the outside

Wall Align.JPG

• Like 1

I was just looking at the walls lined up per the pic above.  Now looking in 3D I see you'll also need to define that the upper walls "Build Platform to" setting goes to the insulation layer  so your wall closes up between floors

8 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Doug, didn't realize you included your plan file until just now.
Anyway, I should've realized this before but you'll also need to move the OSB into the Main Layer on your lower wall... then they'll line up on the outside

Wall Align.JPG

You nailed it Mark.  Well done, and thanks!

142488941_Nowitworks.thumb.png.4a6a9abb18173ca1745e27efcb862e58.png