Garreth

Go to solution Solved by Garreth,

Good evening all,

In chief 6 how do you go about creating a seamless look to the back of a kitchen island bench when it is made up of a series of floor mounted cabinets.

In vector view there is a line showing the join where cabinets butt up to one another.

thanks in advance.

Garreth

Good evening all,

In chief 6 how do you go about creating a seamless look to the back of a kitchen island bench when it is made up of a series of floor mounted cabinets.

In vector view there is a line showing the join where cabinets butt up to one another.

thanks in advance.

Garreth

I must be missing something.  I do not see the seam between 2 cabinets that are butted up against one another.  Would you mind  posting your plan and a pic......  here is what mine looks like

post-50-0-63643400-1411566920_thumb.png

I assume you mean X6.  I'm not sure if I can ever remember how Version 6 worked.

Like D. Scott says, post a picture. 

There are several things that can cause "seams" to show.  The first and probably most likely cause is that you have accidently turned on the cabinet module lines layer in your camera views.  This will cause all cabinet lines to show, including the face frame pieces.  Personally, when I am working out any cabinet design issues, I like working with the module lines turned on.

Another issue that you may be running into has to do with how cabinets join up.  If you have the back of one cabinet butted up against more then one other cabinet you can see weird seams.  Apparently, Chief only likes it when one cabinet has its back against one other cabinet.  Two or more causes problems with how the merge.

post-844-0-40522100-1411568366_thumb.jpg

......  The first and probably most likely cause is that you have accidently turned on the cabinet module lines layer in your camera views.  This will cause all cabinet lines to show, including the face frame pieces. .....

Yep,  I bet that is it.  Nice call KT.

thanks guys here is another view.... might help...

note this is the back of cabinet knee space etc for stool.... so the actual drawers etc around the other side.

checked module lines - were turned off.

thanks

I must be missing something again.  Didn't we give you the answer?  And if that answer does not work,  why don't you post the plan?

Hi file posted.

thoughts appreciated....but did not solve the issue.

don't want to make this a big deal  - if butting 3 cabinets produces this result then will come up with a work around.

just need confirmation...

thanks

Yeah,  you had your base cabs misaligned.  There is a very small difference in the alignment of the faces.

This is why it is so helpful to post plans to get quick answers.

post-50-0-47454000-1411571406_thumb.jpg

The solution to the presentation issue has been solved, but in real life there would likely be a back panel that spans all 3 cabinets since building something that length all as one unit is highly unlikely.  So if it were me, I would show the same (a back panel) in my plan for accuracy.