Photomatch

Sweeney

Hey all,

I am wondering if there is a relatively easy way to overlay a model on an image with the correct perspective lines in Chief. I know Sketchup has a photo-match feature that allows for this sort of thing.  Can you export a chief model to a sketchup file? To people that have done this before, do you usually work most in photoshop when overlaying in Chief?

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

From my experience there is no simple way to do this but it can be done.

This one was done almost entirely in Chief with few corrections in Photoshop. I took a Google street view and applied it to a very large P-solid on the other side of the road. By changing the size of the P-solid and the texture(pic) positioning I could get things looking reasonable.

1232584855_StreetView2copyPSSharper.thumb.png.40092386ae79cf3e816fe870f091b981.png

This one was done entirely in Photoshop. Rendered the model in Chief, placed it Photoshop and then on a separate layer I placed the background pic. It's tricky to get things to line up properly as there is a limit to how much one can stretch and warp a pic before. To get it right would take a real Photoshop pro.

1270900207_PhotoshopA1.thumb.jpg.29233f3ffb8351aa1e25151b8e446a4a.jpg

16 hours ago, Decorationarts said:

Are you using https://hover.to/ ? 

I have used it in over 20 of my projects, it is now a regular feature of my workflow, I walk around a building and take 8 pictures with my Iphone, I get full dimensions hours later. Might cost $30 to $50 per measure. 

Capture.JPG

Do you find the measurements accurate?