talock

X6 on Windows10?

Recommended Posts

Does any one run Chief Architect X6 on a windows10 64bit computer. I would like to upgrade to window 10 64bit from windows 7 64bit and have X6 does this work?

Any help here would greatly appreciated!

 

Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a problem but curious why you would want to upgrade to windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, talock said:

Does any one run Chief Architect X6 on a windows10 64bit computer. I would like to upgrade to window 10 64bit from windows 7 64bit and have X6 does this work?

Any help here would greatly appreciated!

 

Todd

 

 

Hi Todd,

                  Sorry I no longer have X6 installed on any of my computers , I am using x11 currently , but I just had a look at HQ for the Sys. Reqs and I think you'd be fine if you are above them, I used to Run it on my Surface 3 but have x8 on it now.

 

chief-architect-x6-download-and-installation-instructions.pdf

 

image.thumb.png.c8464a6ace5f04253ef21d3228a23e0b.png

 

Someone who would likely know is David Potter (DJP) as he maintain many versions on several computers for support old Clients etc.

 

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/profile/81-davidjpotter/

 

@DavidJPotter

 

 

*** you should do your Signature , so people can help you Better.... see mine or Chopsaw's

Mick.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not a problem but curious why you would want to upgrade to windows 10.

Thank you, Chopsaw for answering my question!

As for the upgrade question...from what I've come to understand Windows 7 won't be supported much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know several people that don't want to give up windows 7. Some claim that it is still the best windows version.

I'm not proud of this statement but I always upgrade because I always think I have to have the latest technology whether it's good or bad. Most people leave things alone when their system is working good and I make trouble for myself, but what the heck! Somebody has to be the Ginny pig!

My advise would be, if everything is working good I would leave it alone unless you are prepared for the can of worms you could open up from going to windows 10. It could snow ball on you to upgrade other software and hardware. JUST A THOUGHT!-_- FOR WHATS IS WORTH

I have never had an issue with CA but I don't know how it will react to other software you have and your computer. Most of the time I think it is fine. You have to weigh out the risk for yourself. 

Edited by builtright3
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as it was first available. I run X1-X11 on Windows 10 on a single PC with total smoothness and reliability. If you have a dongle (software lock) you MUST first install upgraded drivers for your dongle for it to work. If no dongle then you just make sure to "deactivate" your license before moving it to your new computer.

 

DJP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both, builtright3 and David Porter for your replies!

I have not made up my mind here completely but am leaning towards the update from Window 7 to Windows 10...I'll have to do it eventually anyway as Microsoft is slated to stop supporting windows 7 January 2020.

Thanks again,

Todd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, talock said:

Thank you both, builtright3 and David Porter for your replies!

I have not made up my here completely but am leaning towards the update from Window 7 to Windows 10...I'll have to do it eventually anyway as Microsoft is slated to stop supporting windows 7 January 2020.

Thanks again,

Todd

 

 

Windows 10 has been out for a while so I'm sure its pretty solid now and David confirmed it works good for him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, talock said:

Thank you both, builtright3 and David Porter for your replies!

I have not made up my here completely but am leaning towards the update from Window 7 to Windows 10...I'll have to do it eventually anyway as Microsoft is slated to stop supporting windows 7 January 2020.

Thanks again,

Todd

 

 

If you have a chance for a free upgrade go ahead...Otherwise if Happy with Win7 , what is the rush?  besides you never know what Santa may bring you ....and if not you can always do Win10 Over the holidays :)

 

Not that Win10 is bad nowadays , but I also think you now need to pay for it , so why not get it with a New Computer at some point....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

If you have a chance for a free upgrade go ahead...Otherwise if Happy with Win7 , what is the rush?  besides you never know what Santa may bring you ....and if not you can always do Win10 Over the holidays :)

 

Not that Win10 is bad nowadays , but I also think you now need to pay for it , so why not get it with a New Computer at some point....

 

M.

Yea, arent they getting ready to put out a new windows again soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I'm aware of... I think their just going to keep tweaking 10, at least for the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, just a little update; I went ahead and installed windows 10 on my windows 7 computer. I am pleased to report it works with no issues thus far and my copy of Chief Architect X6... no issues!

Side note, I was able to get Windows 10 for free so that helps.  builtright3 I thought you would appreciate that!

Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, talock said:

Ok, just a little update; I went ahead and installed windows 10 on my windows 7 computer. I am pleased to report it works with no issues thus far and my copy of Chief Architect X6... no issues!

Side note, I was able to get Windows 10 for free so that helps.  builtright3 I thought you would appreciate that!

Todd

Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27999
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    KDsnyder
    Newest Member
    KDsnyder
    Joined