Subfloor Sheeting And Finish Flooring

builtright3

I would like the sub floor sheeting to show up on the framing section but when I check the layer it also shows the finish floor materials. Can the finish floor somehow be separated from the sub floor sheeting for the view?

This is a great question. I know what you want. I can sometimes get what you want, and sometimes not. It is weird, I thought I had this figured out at one time and now I don't.

It is very inconsistent and I do not understand why. I will try to look at if again in the AM.

I think I did a vid on to his at one time that showed it working.

I think in some views the finish  has to do with "Rooms" layer.

Sorry Joey, didn't read your post above

Perry,  didn't I do a video where I was able to either turn the floor finish on or off,  and if the floor finish was off,  you could see the plywood?

I looked for vid,  but could not find it,  and I cannot replicate what I thought I could do.

I had it once yesterday where it only showed the subfloor and somehow the finish floor re-appeared at some point. I know how to do a temporary fix but I'm a little anal at times and it drives me nuts. The best and easiest way for me so far it to just draw it in on the section. A couple of quick lines or a rectangular poly line works fines. 

Ok, so as I'm typing this I stopped and went to the section again and the finish floor was gone but the sub floor sheeting was there. Spooooky!

I had it once yesterday where it only showed the subfloor and somehow the finish floor re-appeared at some point. I know how to do a temporary fix but I'm a little anal at times and it drives me nuts. The best and easiest way for me so far it to just draw it in on the section. A couple of quick lines or a rectangular poly line works fines. 

Ok, so as I'm typing this I stopped and went to the section again and the finish floor was gone but the sub floor sheeting was there. Spooooky!

Ain't that weird?  Yeah,  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I can not explain it.

Joe,  when are you going to fix your picture?  Give us a Perry pose.

Scott, Are those Chief's underfloor vents or some custom vent? I don't remember seeing those in the lib. They look nice.

My vents Perry,  just a window,  plan attached.......  the problem with these is the height is associated with the floor elevation.  I would like to have the option to locate the "window" height relative to the ceiling and not relative to the floor.

perrys vents.plan.zip

Dog gone you Perry,  now you have me thinking.  No,  they are not windows,  they are symbols made from a window.   

The  problem with using a window is the vents are typically in the JOIST BAY,  not in the wall itself.   Windows will not fit in JOIST BAY.  Therefore I had to make a symbol so I could locate in JOIST BAY and not in the wall itself.

I think I can just re-size it and use it for the 6" x 14" vents and the 18" x 24" underfloor access.

True,  but I think you might be happier if you use AN ACTUAL WINDOW for the access.  Note that the access is typically BELOW the joist bay,  therefore,  the crawl space access can be an actual window.

Check out this  plan,  the access is a window,  and the vent is a symbol.  Make sure that you have all layers on to find the vent.

perrys vents.plan.zip

post-50-0-32127700-1410713502_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1