Elevations in Layout files

HBCDrafter

5 hours ago, HBCDrafter said:

I'm curious if there is a way to set your default settings so that when you export an elevation as plot lines it exports to a color other than black? We use grey, and have to manually change them all the time. 

TIA!

I think if you set black and White to Greyscale instead , then you can use different colours which will print as different shades of Grey instead , at least I think this is how some of the other Forum User like Perry and Joey Martin do it , hopefully they will see this and give you more in-depth advice....

M.

@joey_martin

@PerryPlansPro

5 hours ago, HBCDrafter said:

I'm curious if there is a way to set your default settings so that when you export an elevation as plot lines it exports to a color other than black? We use grey, and have to manually change them all the time. 

TIA!

Those plot lines can be controlled a number of ways.  If you have Use Edge Line Defaults and Use Pattern Line Defaults unchecked, then those plot lines are all produced based on the line weight and color settings of the individual layers.  This means you can get gray lines by simply using a layer set with all the layers set to gray (and the line weights set to your liking).

If you have Use Edge Line Defaults and Use Pattern Line Defaults checked, then I'm not personally aware of any way to get the color to default to gray.  I think you have to open the layout box and just change it there every time.

NOTE: Chief Architect doesn't actually recommend using Edge Line or Pattern Line Defaults...

"The Edge and Pattern Line Defaults settings are included for legacy files and are not the recommended method of specifying these line styles. See Edge and Pattern Lines."

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you have Use Edge Line Defaults and Use Pattern Line Defaults checked, then I'm not personally aware of any way to get the color to default to gray.  I think you have to open the layout box and just change it there every time.

This would be something that would make a good suggestion if that Layout Box DBX had a default or would remember your previous settings.  Might be able to avoid resetting every time by using a template with pre-sent elevations.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, joey_martin said:

I use layer sets and set the color of the pattern in the model. elev.thumb.jpg.c837812ab0678e8e98df7528153ed4f4.jpg

I do it like Joey using anno-sets ,having a different anno-set for different conditions.