Most OnlineNewest Member
Use this forum to share insights on Building Codes and the techniques you use to employ them in Chief Architect. It will be most helpful if you include the specific code and location of enforcement you are dealing with as you share
We’ll start the conversation with this link to resources like the ICC, IRC, DOE, various Tax Credits, some of the common Associations for our industry.
We are a carefully growing design/build remodeling company in north metro Atlanta area. We are in need of a sales/designer that would be able to meet with clients, figure out their needs, draw it up in Chief Architect, and help pick out the items with the clients and get the project in ready condition to go to our production department. Please contact us if you're interested or know anyone who might be interested. We can be reached at our website: greathouseatlanta.com
Hey guys and gal I am trying to plan a possible move to Colorado Springs this Summer and would love to start a drafting/design business when I get there.
In a meeting with my current bosses today, they mentioned that only licensed architects are allowed to design and draw houses and plans in Colorado. Is this true?? I found it hard to believe because I just finished some changes to one of our plans for a guy building in Lakewood. I made changes to the plans, then he took them to an engineer and I coordinated with the engineer on structural changes and he would add his sheets into the set at the end. Plans were submitted to city and everything was ok.
So I'm curious. If I move to Co Springs could I still plan on doing design and drafting work for myself? I didn't really want to have to work for anyone beside this and maybe some general contracting. Can anyone give me some info?
ABOUT US: Legacy Design Build Remodeling, an award-wining Phoenix-area home remodeling contractor founded in 1988, has become one of the most respected and longstanding, full-service residential remodeling companies in Arizona.
SUMMARY: As a part of the full service remodeling team, this position will assist the sales staff with all drafting and presentation needs and help homeowners with the design and layout of their remodeling project. The CAD drafter will have a high proficiency with the software program Chief Architect, enabling them to prepare drawings of floor plans with multiple options. Responsible for creating informative and accurate sets of plans, as well as 3D renderings, using the customer’s actual picked materials. In addition, this position is to be responsible for site measurements and accurate project as-built plans as these become the basis for the project.
· 2 years drafting experience, using Chief Architect, with hands-on construction experience desirable
· 5 years high level administrative skills, with permit/HOA processing through local municipality
· High proficiency of Chief Architect (auto cad or 20/20 may substitute)
· Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook); other proprietary software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, while able to adapt their own communication style
· Within parameters of instruction, ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
· Ability to problem solve and be creative, working effectively under pressure; recovers quickly from setbacks,
· Will be focused while able to multitask
· Prior construction industry experience in residential remodeling preferred
· Proficient in mathematics
· Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, laser measurer and digital camera, with high attention to detail
· Must have Code knowledge
· Associates degree in drafting desirable, or a combination of experience and education
· Must have driver’s license, with the ability to pass a DMV background check
APPLY: https://dreamstyleremodeling.applicantpool.com/jobs/62547.html OR forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information, call 505-814-1196