wjmdes

Wall Framing That Does Not Exist (Upside down gable)

I have been trying to find anything that is causing this for several hours.  Turned everything on, re-framed everything, etc., but this upside down gable will not go away.  Any ideas?

5a931d8592dfa_Untitled1.thumb.jpg.316207511480ddc4556665a988514b2f.jpg5a931d86a9b2b_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.21cbdfd9653283576f784259b8f895f0.jpg

18-1002 647 John Wesley.plan

I'd send to support, but to get rid of it, I copied the model into a new plan.

I saw this Reported in Beta , but don't remember the Fix off the top of my head.....I will try and look later if you don't get a Fix from someone else

there is an error of extra Trusses being generated too in some Plans that Michael ( @Alaskan_Son ) found too

If I use edit area (all floors), copy and paste in place to a new plan, will it copy everything? Or will I have issues?

Also, thanks, I spent toooo much time on that today!!

Things get copied, but not all settings. Your siding color will be different, for example.

Best to give it a try and see what happens.

Set your structure defaults -- ceiling heights etc before you copy.

It is an Attic wall on the Attic floor level.

Is the gable at the front of the porch open, or is there meant to be a gable wall there?

You will need either a wall or a collar tie of some sort there to stop the gable roof from spreading.

If you want to get rid of the framing, go up to the Attic level and delete that wall.

I have no idea why it is building inverted like that.

I agree with Glenn,  I occasionally see this and it is usually caused by an attic wall at the top level.

Delete the stray wall and all is well.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dshall said:

Delete the stray wall and all is well.

I spent several hours looking for anything, turning all layers on in every view and nothing I could find.  I sent to support this AM.

18 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I saw this Reported in Beta , but don't remember the Fix off the top of my head.....I will try and look later if you don't get a Fix from someone else

there is an error of extra Trusses being generated too in some Plans that Michael ( @Alaskan_Son ) found too

I will post here the solution when I get it (unless it was something stoopid on my part)

56 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

I spent several hours looking for anything, turning all layers on in every view and nothing I could find.  I sent to support this AM.

I will post here the solution when I get it (unless it was something stoopid on my part)

I tried finding that thread but couldn't, maybe it was on the Beta Forum? but is definitely not the 1st report of this....

M.

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

I spent several hours looking for anything, turning all layers on in every view and nothing I could find......

I found it in about 3.46 seconds.

5a94356d9689f_ScreenShot2018-02-26at8_26_02AM.thumb.png.7239106e892d2e50e75e7e13438838d6.png

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dshall said:

I found it in about 3.46 seconds

I don't like you anymore!  No idea why I could not find it, any idea why it was upside down?

1 minute ago, wjmdes said:

I don't like you anymore!

:)

It helps having 20+ years "Fixing" Chief Weirdness behind your belt :)   there's a reason for Scott's YouTube Channel....

M.

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

It helps having 20+ years "Fixing" Chief Weirdness behind your belt :)   there's a reason for Scott's YouTube Channel...

I have learned quite bit from his videos so his help is appreciated!!

11 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

I have learned quite bit from his videos so his help is appreciated!!

Me too actually ... I believe He is on Hiatus though, at least I haven't seen any reports on new videos of late...

I have seen this many times and its always an errant attic wall, Scott is correct.

Well apparently there are some issues with this

Hello William,
Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

I have sent your plan to our developers for review. For now, however, you can manually delete that wall framing from a framing overview.

Kirk Clemons
Technical Support Analyst

I would delete all existing attic walls and re-do them

11 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I would delete all existing attic walls and re-do them

I have fixed the problem, but apparently they did find an issue with it framing an attic wall upside down.

18 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

I have fixed the problem

What did you do?