Help needed ASAP

amaliya

Can you help me with this? I want to put only two steps down to living room, but open below function doesn't help me move the stairs which are only like 15" high without making a whole and not showing the floor. And do I lower the stairs without having a whole on the floor?

Untitled 48.jpg

Untitled 49.jpg

I would look for an appropriate flat bed trailer symbol and then just build on top with chief if you want a good 3D illustration.

Start with the 3D warehouse but I think you already know that. :)

Chief has one that might work but it is single axle.

Looks like this one might work ok : https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u11c8d532-14d7-4ed8-be66-555a80528656/FLAT-BED-TRAILER

4 hours ago, amaliya said:

still having problems with this stair thing. in the original there are only two steps.

Untitled 63.jpg

Select one end of the stairs and drag it until there is only a single tread; or, select the stairs, open the Stair Specification dialog box, and adjust the number of treads.

You can control the number of treads/risers in the stair specification dialog.  If it's set to be automatic, then the program will calculate how many are needed for the given height based on the length you have drawn.  If you have locked the number of treads, then you will get the same number of steps regardless of the length or height.  I can't tell exactly what is going on with your stair without looking at your plan.

Room moldings will pretty much ignore stairs.  If you need to show moldings along a stairs or landings, you will probably have to draw them yourself using the molding polyline tools.  You can also turn on the stair stringer/trim against the wall and that may give you the look you want.

I have no idea what is going on with your room moldings between the two rooms.  If you need help with that, you probably need to post your plan.  That would probably be better in a separate thread though since it looks like it has nothing to do with your stair issues.

I would encourage you to make new threads whenever you have questions that are not related to the original topic.  For example, the trailer question really doesn't have anything to do with your questions about stairs.  It's also a good idea to make sure the title of your thread title describes the problem as clearly as you can.  If someone in the future is looking for help on stairs, there is a good chance they won't look at this thread.

• Upvote 1