X6 Crash While Printing Attempt

mealexmail

Hi colleagues!

Posting this just you to know that CA x6 crashes when I try to print - it happens any time whenever I try to print from layout or from view - does no any difference. It just crashes with no any error message - just standard windows "thinking" and "application doesnt respond etc..". 

It happens even if I try to use "print image" .. even if my file is totally blank. It seems the issue is not about fonts, lines, defaults and geometry .. 

Win7x64 core*i7 24Gb RAM

PS any help appreciated .. of course!

you probably need to re-install X6

but should try PDF first

then also contact CA's tech support

they can advise best if a re-install is needed

also try the "clear printer info" setting under MENU - FILE - PRINT

Lew

Given that what you are describing is happening with a blank plan my best guess is that there is an issue with a printer driver. I would encourage you to contact our support team to see if they can help you get to the bottom of the problem.

Hi colleagues!

Posting this just you to know that CA x6 crashes when I try to print - it happens any time whenever I try to print from layout or from view - does no any difference. It just crashes with no any error message - just standard windows "thinking" and "application doesnt respond etc..". 

It happens even if I try to use "print image" .. even if my file is totally blank. It seems the issue is not about fonts, lines, defaults and geometry .. 

Win7x64 core*i7 24Gb RAM

PS any help appreciated .. of course!

I have tracked down and fixed a number of printing crashes. Most all of them were due to print drivers.

It would be helpful to have you contact the support team. Let them know what your default printer is.

One notable fix for windows printer problems:

1. Open your printer properties using the Windows Print dialog (Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers on win7)

2. Make sure your defaults are correct for landscape paper size etc.

3. Make sure to click OK when you exit the dialog.

Some times updated print drivers can help as well.

Please contact the support team so we can track it down. I'm fairly certain we can get it resolved.

Thank you all guys for the comments .. for the proper ones - specially thx ;))

Sorry for not being here  - been working by the client's premises

So, things are:

1. I have reinstalled all my printer drivers (including solid pdf driver) - no help

2. the thing is rather about system error - I can not reach "print dialog" by any way (and both with blank document and containing filled layout as well)

3. reinstalling is a pain ('cause I have up-to-date libraries, defaults, custom objects and materials) .. so I would rather use print screen than reinstalling CA =)

4. Thanks for letting me know that, Andy )) .. Take care of yourself and try to eat some vegan-sandwitches - you'll see the difference ))

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all very much for helping me to solve the bug!

Just to end up and summarize the issue: it's solved!

After reinstalling the package and encountering the same thing (crashing while printing) I used this advise:

I have tracked down and fixed a number of printing crashes. Most all of them were due to print drivers.

It would be helpful to have you contact the support team. Let them know what your default printer is.

One notable fix for windows printer problems:

1. Open your printer properties using the Windows Print dialog (Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers on win7)

2. Make sure your defaults are correct for landscape paper size etc.

3. Make sure to click OK when you exit the dialog.

And it helped!

I reinstaleld all my printers and set it up with all defaults again ..  and it helped.

Thank you again =)