How can I create this Fireplace?

Electromen

22 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

So you can share your symbol(s) with other users.  All shared symbols on the Forum are calibz files.

Does putting the symbol in a plan and sharing the plan work?

I build my custom fixtures with Psolids as well, then just apply the a material to the front face.  After I get done creating it with psolids I export it to a .3ds and then reimport it as a fixture, this way when I reimport it I can set it to be a certain kind of fixture.  So the attached fireplace symbol is set to show up in my mechanical fixture schedule with the proper model number and description.

Modern Fireplace.calibz

Fireplace Fronts.calibz

1 hour ago, CADD16 said:

After I get done creating it with psolids I export it to a .3ds and then reimport it as a fixture, this way when I reimport it I can set it to be a certain kind of fixture.

We used to have to do it that way but now with "Convert to Symbol" you can set all of that in a single step.

Just now, Alaskan_Son said:

Yup.  All symbol types except "Cabinet".  Still not sure why they've left that one out.  

Because they requires some special geometry (faces with unique materials) to be drawers and doors and openings.  Cabinet Symbols are simply not of much use.  CA has improved the Cabinet Tool so much that creating Cabinet Symbols is IMNSHO of no value.

1 hour ago, CJSpud said:

Thanks for sharing Chris.  Can you tell me where the Modern Fireplace.calibiz gets placed in the library when I import it .... can't find it anywhere?

Hi Curt ....it's actually Named    Fireplace, Napolean NEFL60FH       in your User Library.

And Thanks Chris.

15 hours ago, CJSpud said:

Thanks Mick ... I saw that but thought maybe I'd picked it up here from someone else awhile back.  Now I know better.

The 2nd file Chris uploaded is 3 different Faces for the Fireplace ..ie different colours / flames etc so there are actually 4 files total the Fronts are in a Folder unsurprisingly called .....Fireplace Fronts ..... :)