zowie123

How do I get rid if this Jog in Stair Railing?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Been a while..

Any time a stair extends past a wall, the rail jogs, what's the best way to rid this?

I tried extending an invisible wall, but that doesn't work.

Thank you, Barry

 59237e015a2b9_DeckRailing.thumb.PNG.199d518034eb9587f83a35f7e6b6addb.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you want to see? The newel moved over and the handrail straight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pull the stair edge away from the wall just a bit and it will straighten out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zowie123 said:

Hi all,

Been a while..

Any time a stair extends past a wall, the rail jogs, what's the best way to rid this?

I tried extending an invisible wall, but that doesn't work.

Thank you, Barry

 59237e015a2b9_DeckRailing.thumb.PNG.199d518034eb9587f83a35f7e6b6addb.PNG

The invisible wall method does not work.  Try putting the wall you extended on its own layer and turn that layer off.5924215b40abd_ScreenShot2017-05-23at4_46_27AM.thumb.png.fb207cc77e90e886c504ae90f908d5d9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a problem with automatic handrails that only CA can fix.  I'm relatively sure that I've made that request previously but every suggestion sent to CA helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, thanks guys!   Chief is easy, it's the automation that takes 5000 hours of skill to end-run:)

Cheers!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, zowie123 said:

Hey, thanks guys!   Chief is easy, it's the automation that takes 5000 hours of skill to end-run:)

Cheers!

 

I approve this message (TM).  The negative effect caused by this could be somewhat mitigated if we could (a) explode all "object" models into shapes/groups and (b) had semi-decent generic modeling tools.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2017 at 2:42 PM, johnny said:

 

I approve this message (TM).  The negative effect caused by this could be somewhat mitigated if we could (a) explode all "object" models into shapes/groups and (b) had semi-decent generic modeling tools.

 

 

 

 

Or if the automatically generated handrail had edit handles and nodes, like a molding polyine, that we could grab and adjust.  And then the ballusters would follow suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28009
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    MattBlanc
    Newest Member
    MattBlanc
    Joined