ACADuser

3D Wire Frame for outside walls only?

I would like to show the exterior walls which are block as wire frame & show all else as standard 3D view.

Is that possible?  Here is the model without the exterior walls.

https://skfb.ly/6q7vx

The only way I know of doing that is to make the Exterior Walls a Transparent Material (Glass for Example) but they wouldn't really be "Wire Frame". 

Thanks Joe.

Maybe I'll try a psolid at same location as wall with a glass material on a separate layer.

Might be too much trouble though.

Alan, Joe is correct and also not correct, it depends on the "Material" if you can come up with a wireframe material it will work.  I know lattice works as a wall material so you just need a custom lattice - wireframeish material.

The Exterior Wall Layer could be turned off - still not ideal but it will work.  Another option is to just use the Glass House Render Mode.

Play with the properties of the exterior wall block material(s)?

Alan,  Do you have an illustration or rendering from another application of what you are trying to achieve or is it an original idea?

If this is for the benefit of the building contractor and/or his framing contractor, why don't you want to show the whole frame, including the outside walls?

I just tried this.  Detail-frame your exterior walls, but use glass as the material, of the framing.  Your perspective framing overview will give you the effect I think you want. 

This is my idea I guess. Is anything original anymore.

I personally don't need to see the exterior walls but when sharing with the GC or framer I like to see the walls for reference, especially on a complicated house.

I often use the Ortho FLOOR overview with the 3D Framing layer set to view floors for show & tell. :)

I would sometimes would like glass stairs too for effect.

I'll try the glass ILO Drywall.

Lot's of my 1st floor walls are Block with stucco on outside & Drywall interior.

Thanks for the replies.

BTW I like sketchfab a little better than Chief for sharing because I can post process the model.

https://sketchfab.com/ab2draft/models