Some Ca Features Have Or Not?

buzzsaw204

hi,

i was looking at a sample plan in the CA Gallery.

The....

AIBD 1st Place

Working Drawings
- Martin Drafting & Design

PDF plan.

this plan have couple of CAD features that i been wanting to use. 

im just wondering if these are in CA automatically or manually drawn in with CAD.

1. Section Marker with a tail

2. Floor Joist hanger drawn in plan view.

post-1340-0-15374100-1403831375_thumb.png

post-1340-0-09066700-1403831398_thumb.png

post-1340-0-95717400-1403831420_thumb.png

Joey does a lot of cad embellishments in his drawings and they look very nice, indeed, but I don't have the time to do that kind of stuff and still make

money. Chief has gotten it pretty good in regards to line weights but auto hangers would be very nice as I have to manually add them to the sections now.

I know several Chief users that like to have very personalized looks to their plans and like the person in your stated example, they make these things using Chief tools and then add them to their library browsers for future use. It is a personal preference per user.

DJP

Putting your own "flair" on construction documents should be a part of everyone's practice. I know, I know..."but their just plans"...boooo....they are an extension of who you are as an architect or designer or technician. We have all looked over a set of CAD plans, you know the ones I mean, lines and letters and number. But when someone puts together a set of plans that can wow you, that is part of the art. 

• Upvote 1

Putting your own "flair" on construction documents should be a part of everyone's practice. I know, I know..."but their just plans"...boooo....they are an extension of who you are as an architect or designer or technician. We have all looked over a set of CAD plans, you know the ones I mean, lines and letters and number. But when someone puts together a set of plans that can wow you, that is part of the art. 

Well said Joey. My thoughts exactly.