Where are rafters over porch at first floor

dshall

Where are rafters over porch at first floor

See attached plan.  The rafters over the lower porch do not frame unless I pull the roof away from wall. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong.  Can you help me?

Lin to plans

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aab7hsal3kzsis0/no rafter at portch.plan?dl=0  

58d7b73fe14aa_ScreenShot2017-03-26at5_34_51AM.thumb.png.4b5bb115b5910021c049285741225c46.png58d7b743a071d_ScreenShot2017-03-26at5_34_47AM.thumb.png.a80afa68f3ac9d97b1d020e037ebb548.png

no_rafter_at_portch.plan

Not sure what is going on with that. I copied and pasted the roof over to side and the rafters show. No matter what you do with that roof it will not show in that area...almost like something is over-riding the roof plane. I copied rafters from one I moved to side and the rafters show then. This is one for tech support I think. Unless Michael or Glenn figure it out.

P.S The link under the pictures in your post download a corrupted file at 10mb but dropbox link above the pics is good.

Scott,

You have multiple roof trusses occupying the same space in the main roof.

This, along with the Allow Low Roof Planes setting could be causing the problem.

Once I delete all the trusses and auto build the roof, all behaves as it should.

New Image_180.jpg

Thanks all for looking.  I tried Glenn's solution of deleting trusses auto rebuild roof and all was well.  HOWEVER,  if I put trusses at second floor roof,  the rafters at the lower porch roof disappeared again.

I think Perry has talked about how trusses do not allow lower rafters to build.  I suppose I had hoped this was fixed by now but I guess not.  A bit frustrating that something as basic as this is still not fixed.  If I have time I will report it.