Notes - how to?

SNestor

Sorry...one more NEWB question concerning notes...:blink:

If I'm typing a note into Layout...does it matter if I use a Rich Text box...or a standard Text box?  I'm looking at the Breckenridge plan set again...and whomever put that set of plans together used both types on the same page.  I suppose it doesn't matter...but, thought I'd ask the people that know.  

Thanks for indulging me...

7 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Sorry...one more NEWB question concerning notes...:blink:

If I'm typing a note into Layout...does it matter if I use a Rich Text box...or a standard Text box?  I'm looking at the Breckenridge plan set again...and whomever put that set of plans together used both types on the same page.  I suppose it doesn't matter...but, thought I'd ask the people that know.  

Thanks for indulging me...

The 2 biggest thing to consider with Text vs. Rich Text in my opinion...

Normal TEXT can be controlled via layer settings so that the same piece of text can be displayed differently in different layer sets and at different scales.  Formatting options are limited though and can only be set for the entire text box (i.e. its all bold and underlined or not bold or underline at all).

RICH TEXT can be formatted at a charachter level but you cannot control text style by layer. 

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The 2 biggest thing to consider with Text vs. Rich Text in my opinion...

Normal TEXT can be controlled via layer settings so the same piece of text can be displayed differently in different layer sets and at different scales.  You are limited to formatting the entire text box only.

RICH TEXT can be formatted at a character level but you cannot control text style by layer. 

Michael...thanks for the info.  I didn't realize this about text...and I'm not sure how I'd use this capability.  Probably won't figure it out until I need it.  

Can you give me an example of where I might need to use a "Text" box...so that it can appear on different layer sets?

In the "Breckenridge" example plan set...the text I'm talking about was typed into a layout box.  It is "Site Plan Notes".  Not sure why they would create notes in a text box on a layout page?  I guess if it was a text box in a floor or electrical plan...I could understand why you might do it this way...but not adding a note in layout.  Am I missing something?

• 5 years later...