AUTO CAD VS CHIEF

pazzfam

probably should be in seeking services. Never used auto cad. I only know chief (50% at that)_ and I am a builder. Have client that I am building She wanted some changes and needed fast .The architect told her three weeks. So I said i would try.

I imported into chief and realized I could make changes in chief. It was completely different than how we draw individual plans not layered separate drawings for elect foundation ect.

The I was trying to dimension but it was slow dragging feeling. really slow so I  called chief and they tried to help, told me to turn what you dimension to off ect. 

Si I bought auto cad for a month stupid idea could not figure anything out.   I am trying to move the center of the house 4 ft in a unit so I group selected and it worked in auot cad do you have to do each drawing 

O if anyone wanted to do a rush rush job I would send

Adam

Chief does NOT run slow, even with built in intel video [i do not recommend].

I like Autocad [archicad/RevIt], but nothing is faster to model as Chief Architect. (residential structures)

If it runs slow on your computer check if the computer is infected, has multiple anti-virus products installed. 

And watch a video.

P.S. Never start modeling by placing immediately after the walls countless furniture, plans, terrain features, fixtures, lights.

Get your model completed first  

Did not explain myself I do not have a problem running chief I have a problem when I imported a complete auto cad file and tried to modify

so everything is in  cad /  lines ect  and it is impossible to dimension  not sure why

I tried cad detail window did not help

The problem when I imported a complete auto cad file or plan It is completely different from what i know in chief. Everything is an individual plan eclectic mechanical foundation ect. not layers 

it appears You have to change every page. which can not be true because no one would use auto cad. If we make a change in floor plan we turn on layer for electric ect and are change would be a lot faster

This was /is an eye opener I will never complain about chief